Installing Gps Unit

I ordered the Pioneer AVIC-N1 for my 98 ES300 and was hoping somebody might be able to link me to an installation guide for the vehicle so I don't have to pay somebody to do it for me

I don't imagine installation will be too bad, but I need to find the VSS wire and I'm not sure where that is located

Also, is there a pictorial guide from removing the stock radio? Not sure how to go about removing it

Last question, is it possible to use the stock CD changer with the unit or will that essentially become useless after installation?

the pictorial guide to remove stock radio can be found on car stereohelp.com. the speed sensor wire location also is on this forum if you do a serach for it...................................................................................................... i have done many 98 and 99 es300 nav conversions to factory es330 nav units so the conversion is similar. i can also convert your factory japan made changer to pioneer adftermarket changer simply by excHanging the pcb plug in board. that would be far superior to pioneer aftermarket changer and even picks up cd text of song name that wasnt on the factory headunit capabilities. the conversion would include a new ipbus cable that would plug into the avic-n1 brain box. you keep same glovebox location and same 6 disc magazine and eject button....................................................................................................................... a cd changer is much needed in your planned conversion since the pioneer avic only hac 1 slot so cant play cds and dvd map at the same time. the double din es330 factory nav unit is far superior in that is has 2 slots one for cd and one for the dvd behind the flip down screen and both can run at the same time.......................................................................................... also the factory nav conversion is compatible with the digital 98 es300 factory amp.and aftermarket is not compatible. your going to have to bypass the amp now and it the wont recognize the aftermarket headunit.

thanks for the help man, i knew eventually somebody would see this that would be able to help

i already ordered the avic-n1 so getting the OEM unit isn't an option........

as far as the speakers go, i know i can bypass the pre-amp and use the speakers that are in there, but this is another issue to handle! its possible i already have non-factory speakers anyways cause there are tweeters installed on the rear doors that aren't OEM, but I haven't taken the doors off yet so I'm not sure

if you're a dealer and have parts to sell, give me your number or email and i'll hit you up

thanks again for the help