Max Hp Capacity Sc400?

I am trying to determine how much horsepower a stock 1uz-fe engine can handle... I now know of a sc400 stock motor that dyno'd at 400rwhp without failure...(larger fuel injectors were needed on that motor) Has anyone by any chance pushed their stock sc400 motor past that point successfully without forged pistons and rods? The current stock fuel injectors can put out up to 370rwhp before running lean and blowing the motor... With a built tranny and larger fuel injectors I believe the stock engine can handle 500rwhp...Can anyone by any chance give me any factual info on this subject....

I realise this is not a performance forum, but I thought maybe someone ventured where none have gone before..past the 400rwhp point with stock internals... Looking to see what I can push these motors too without blowing...All reports of blown 1uz-fe motors came from a running the stock injectors and the running lean fuel mixture which is the number one cause of piston destruction....Anyone? Hear is a picture my 1992 Sc400 motor now pushing close to that 370rwhp mark with nos..... Want to push further after tranny buildup and new injectors.......

What I know now to this point is that the stock early model sc400 rods can handle 500rwhp and maybe a little more, pistons at 400rwhp so far with no reported problems, looking for more info...Posted this topic on two other forums and am compiling all info...

Just to update my findings from other forums...

On another forum a member has reached the 420rwhp mark on a 2uz...motor and blew it...The engine was well tuned and actually running a little rich for his nitros system.....When the motor was inspected after it blew he found that the rods and crank failed on the 2uz...

Now it is known that the 1uz.. motor is a stronger motor then the 2uz at stock....the rods are stonger for one, not sure about the cranks...

With this new finding I would say it is safe to assume the 1UZ-FE motor can handle an approx. 420rwhp but good tuning is required...Not done yet.....

That is a good point...Nos/nitrous Oxide is hard on the engine only when first applied as it is an instant boost (stress) that is applied to the internal engine parts as apposed to normal gasoline excelleration....With that being said, once the engine is running under nos/nitrous it should be considered no different then high octane gasoline...So when the motor blows at higher rpm's it is not because of the power of Nitrious over normal gasoline...However tuning Air/Fuel mix at high rpm's with large amounts of nos output shots is very important. Running a lean fuel mix is a big no no with nos...That is a diffence worth considering when using large nos shots is that the A/F ratios must be running slightly rich.......Hense the key word "tuning"

Now in regards to the 2uz motor blowing at 420whp under nos, I have found that the owner of that engine came to the conclusion that the main reason for the crank damage was that the rods failing caused damage to the forged crank...So inregards to the 2uz... motor - the rods are the weakest point of that motor and should see failure at or around the approx. 420whp mark regardless of the nos application..The owner was running in tune on a rich fuel mix...So power was the main factor with the rods failing and nothing more..... Each 2uz..motor is different so that is why I say approx....some may hold more than others, depending on many factors, age of motor, etc.. Also yes the 2uz-fe motor is a very good motor, but in comparison to the 1uz-fe the rods are the main difference in holding power...That is a well known fact for some time.. 420 rear wheel hp is impressive on the stock motor if you ask me...Remember this is not HP measured at the crank but hp measured at the wheels...

For those that may not know the difference between the two, When you buy a new car and the dealer say's this car has 300hp, well that is being measured at the crank and or just at the engine only...When measuring at the wheels you remove hp's from the drivetrain lose to the wheels...So the 300hp the dealer may claim is really mpre like 250rwhp... I provided that info for those that may not know the difference between the two...

I have just read on another forum that an early model !uz-fe sc400 motor dyno'd at 450rwhp and was well tuned and no failure reported... However this was hear say and the report came from Australia....I did not see visual evidence...However, this is encouraging as the source is reliable...

Keep in mind readers that the motors on all year SC400's are stronger and can hold more power then the actual automatic stock transmissions.....Many transmission have reported failure around the 350-370rwhp mark... 2nd gear seems to be the weekest link in the transmission...Just some facts to note before hotroding your sc400's....

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone have a manual bolted to their 1uz-fe because if i could get a truck tranny or something bolted on and cut my driveshaft down i would be in buissiness then i can build a junk yard motor for n/a and go boil my tires all day. stock compression is 10:1 wonder how high people have had this motor?

does anyone have a manual bolted to their 1uz-fe because if i could get a truck tranny or something bolted on and cut my driveshaft down i would be in buissiness then i can build a junk yard motor for n/a and go boil my tires all day. stock compression is 10:1 wonder how high people have had this motor?

Well the Supra 6 speed manual V160 tranny is the best manual swap with the 1UZ-FE for performance...R154 tranny is swapped all the time, Th400 has also been swapped...That is all I have seen...

The Supra TT 6 speed V160 manual tranny can hold over 1000+ horsepower...if you can believe...Very solid to say the least...

Not so sure about a truck tranny...You would have to make a custom bellhousing to mount the two together...

I did some research and have some info on a manual swap... and tons of info on lexus v8s

conversion plates:

http://ttcperformance.com/shop/index.php?p...uemart&Itemid=1

lexus v8 forums:

http://lextreme.com/

A guy thats working on doing one now

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218212

Lextreme is an awesome resource I love their site.

750 for a kit to convert, 400 for one of the cheaper trannys, rigging a clutch pedal, probably be under 2000 is what i am seeing

also this vid of a sc300 is sick

Yeah, all you need is Lextreme forum to guide you through the different swaps...Also Club Lexus Forums has the detailed info as well....

For the 1UZ-FE (SC400) engine swaps into trucks and special projects..Lextreme is the place to learn...

Common swaps maybe Club Lexus forums...