Xm Satelite Radio Install

rsafr

Hello All,

I've recently bought a 93 LS400 and want to add an XM radio. I also purchased a hard wire kit since the cigarette lighters don't work. I'm using the Fog Light fuse (15 AMP) for the hot wire and have yet to get power to the unit. I have tried various points for the ground but still don't have power. I'm assuming I don't have a good ground. Any suggestions for a contact point around the fuse box??

Thank you very much

Not sure where you are going..going..gone with it.. but let's start at the lighter power. half a**ed has never been my starting point nor do I think with any other member. What's up with that? Let's step back and fix the lighter problem. Not trying to be harsh, but always clean a table before it is set. ;)

I am assuming that you have a hardwire kit designed specifically for the XM receiver. Some, if not all of these receivers, operate on 6 volts, not 12. The hardwire kit used should have a built-in transformer to convert the car's 12 volts to 6.

I also have a 93 LS. I have a radar detector which I hardwired into the car's fuse panel. I connected the ground wire to a screw which is located just to the left of the parking brake pedal. As I recall, there were several screws in this area which would probably work. Just loosen one of them, wrap the wire around the screw, and then tighten it.