Whats The Best Wax For Black Paint

I'm going to move this to the detailing forum.

You should read the pinned thread "Where do I start first" and then come back and ask more specific questions. In order to get the look you want you need to get your preperation steps down first, then worry about what type of wax you're going to buy.

You should read the pinned thread "Where do I start first" and then come back and ask more specific questions. In order to get the look you want you need to get your preperation steps down first, then worry about what type of wax you're going to buy.

Just being a wise !Removed! here.... But what if he already knows his "Preperations steps"... and was just curious about wax!?

Just being a wise !Removed! here.... But what if he already knows his "Preperations steps"... and was just curious about wax!?

I have not "waxed" a auto since 1994!

http://home.comcast.net/~burnick/car_clean/car_clean.htm

Trust me, I've been doing this a long time. By his post he doesn't. If he did he'd know no wax would leave his paint looking new and super glossy without the proper prep steps ;)

I have not "waxed" a auto since 1994!

http://home.comcast.net/~burnick/car_clean/car_clean.htm

Mburn, I know you won't listen to me but I'll say it for everybody else.

While DriWash is an okay way to clean a car provided it is relatively clean (I still have seen people HORRIBLY scrape up their cars using Dri Wash and guard and will never EVER use it on my car, but I also know people who use it and its fine. I can see the etchings and marrings in your paint from your own pictures), it offers little to no protection at all. Its not going to guard against oxidation and its not going to help protect against etchings from bugs or bird droppings. On top of that, it just doesn't look as good as a car that is regularly detailed. You should still regularly detail and seal the paint, even if you use Dri Wash to clean.

Plus, you never flush the underbody or any of the seams and seals.

Now, he's going to come back and fight with me about this no doubt, so I'll lay it out there so everybody can decide. I've been detailing cars for 11 years, and I detailed them professionally for 3. I have used a LOT of detailing products over that time period, some good some bad INCLUDING Dri Wash and Guard. I also wrote all of the articles posted here about the proper process for detailing a vehicle. You can substitute a lot of the products, but the process works. Stuff like Dri Wash and guard is hocked by the same salespeople at car shows that sell those miracle carpet cleaners that don't work. There are much better products out there, including products you can use to wash your car without a hose that won't give you the potential for damaging your finish the way Dri Wash and Guard does.

One of them is this:

Protect All Quick and Easy Wash:

http://www.protectall.com/qelg.htm

I use this in the winter in my garage. Hell, I use it in the summer sometimes too. All you need is one gallon of water, a good microfiber sponge and a waffle weave microfiber towel. It was originally formulated for RVs and Boats.

If you want to add some protection you can spritz with Eagle One Wax as U Dry as you're drying the car off. Now, this will only last about a week but in theory if you washed and used it every week you could get around traditionally waxing altogether.