Wire Hell!

The F*@#$% that had my car before me was an idiot and must have put the cd player in by himself...not only did he not know what he was doing but he duck taped and electrical taped it all together... i took it all out to sodder it but now, i cant tell which freakin wire goes where... i have the mitchell repair cd with wire diagrams and all but nothing makes sense... it says the wires are one color, which doesnt match up to the real wires, then when i took a peek at the actual wire colors from the speaker they were a totally diff color!! i have no music and am loosing my mind....please someone tell me where i can find a link with some answer, or if anyone knows anything about the wiring please help me before i spend unneccesary $$$.

alright i got the info from my buddies at a local shop. i have that naki something system in my car and an after market stereo. the moron that had the car before me used the wires that went to the amp. so the "amplified" cd player was sending a signal throught the stock amp then to the speakers which explains my no low frequency no matter how low the bass is. So the options are this....re-install the stock cd player radio, custom wire the cd player to the speakers without the stock amp being used. or by a 4 channel amp and wire the speakers to that.... so there ya go hope this helps someone else down the road!! thanks for the advice SK