The New House

ArmyofOne

This is Government US Army Quarters. about 1300 sq ft, 2bdr, 1bath...pretty big kitchen.

In these pix, nothing is really moved in yet...but since then meg and i have transformed this house into our home.

DCP03077.JPG

^My car in its new home... :D

DCP03078.JPG

^her car in its new home :D

DCP03079.JPG

^Living room (night 1)

DCP03080.JPG

Dining room...

DCP03082.JPG

Master bedroom.

I didnt take a pic of the other bedroom because lets face it, you have seen one, you have seen em all lol.

So thats government quarters. Got the house the day after we got married.

oh and 2 bonus pix, the 2 cars photo shoot together LOL.

DCP03118.JPG

DCP03117.JPG

Brother and sisters first pix. :D

That's not a bad size for a 2/1 home. I'll admit, the old house we moved out of was a 1,075 sq. ft with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Great room only, no family room. SO i guess the rooms in this cozy home is probably quite bigger than the rooms in our old home.

Talk about the kitchen we had, a whole new story. Soooo small. :P

Wow, there are actually houses in alaska? lol jkjk. Id love to have all that space in my backyard...i guess theres always parking huh? shoudnt that bed be in the master bedroom? haha

If you dont mind me asking, how much does it cost to buy a house like that in Alaska, cause i know the land is to be fairly cheaper than what i had to pay in san fran.

Wow, there are actually houses in alaska? lol jkjk. Id love to have all that space in my backyard...i guess theres always parking huh? shoudnt that bed be in the master bedroom? haha

If you dont mind me asking, how much does it cost to buy a house like that in Alaska, cause i know the land is to be fairly cheaper than what i had to pay in san fran.

Im not in alaska, Im FROM there. Im at Fort Drum New York, and i pay ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for this house...$0. its paid for. Its FREE, zippo, zilch, notta and nothing. Its called Army housing.

But in alaska, this house with its land would run $250-$300,000 in the city of anchorage.

No land is not cheaper in anchorage...an acre runs between $35-50,000, and the houses are never less than 200K for the cheapest, smallest houses around.

But here in New York, its different.

No land is not cheaper in anchorage...an acre runs between $35-50,000

Thats pretty cheap ;)

Place looks good!

Thats for blank, undeveloped land, on the outskirts. with no building, uncleared.

avg price for a 3000 sq ft home on 1 acre is about $850-$1,000,000

Go Lakefront, and it gets even more expensive...

but the really high cost of living comes into play with normal everyday things...

Bread: $4.99 a loaf

Milk: $5.99 a gallon (for the stuff thats fresh from alaska...if you want 2 week old milk off of a truck then you pay $3.00)

heh...dont get me started on energy/heating costs...

!!! lol!!! my house, 2900 sq feet, in san francisco, estimated cost now 1.4 million. no pool, no view, no parking occasionally. lol. man...i wanna live in texas...but isnt everyone racist over there?

sorry didnt catch that the governement gave you that. So lets get this straight...that house is IN alaska...but you did not pay for that because you are in the army...pretty good deal if you ask me.

If you have 3000 square foot houses on an acre costing 850-1mil an acre must be more than 35-50k uncleared, those ratios don't add up.

My bet is an acre is worth more like $200-300k at least if a builder could put an $850k-1,000,000 house on it and have that be feasible. It also depends on whether you're talking about private building lots or for acreage for development. I bet undeveloped subdividable land is worth at least $100k an acre if you can build houses in that range.

If not, I'll be buying as many acres of land up there cash as I can right now LOL

If you have 3000 square foot houses on an acre costing 850-1mil an acre must be more than 35-50k uncleared, those ratios don't add up.

My bet is an acre is worth more like $200-300k at least if a builder could put an $850k-1,000,000 house on it and have that be feasible. It also depends on whether you're talking about private building lots or for acreage for development. I bet undeveloped subdividable land is worth at least $100k an acre if you can build houses in that range.

If not, I'll be buying as many acres of land up there cash as I can right now LOL

Ill admit i dont know jack shait about the real esate industry, so if my #;s are skewed i apologize lol.

I do know what the houses cost, but theres very VERY little uncleared land in the city limits, maybe 3 lots total in the whole city when i left, they built as far up the mountains and they can and theres ocean on the other side, but check into it...sometimes you can get good deals on tax repo land, where they sell the land for what is owed to the IRS, usually around fifteen hundred or so dollars.

yes a 3,000 sq ft house on an acre will run 850-1 mil.

and no, the house is here at ft drum, its where i live LOL.

I am From alaska, i am not living there right now.

And I see a misaligned strip of siding ;)

I see it now too, ill call maintenance later today and have it fixed :D ahh the wonders of living in government quarters. :)

i wanna live in texas...but isnt everyone racist over there?
Wow. :rolleyes:

Looks great Josh, especially for what you paid for it! :D

LOL Blake! :lol:

Call sometime man...dont be a stranger, looking liuke i will be in texas in the beginning of July with Meghan, and i know you wanna meet her so make a POINT TO COME SEE ME IN DFW BEFORE I GO TO COMBAT. :ph34r:

LOL.