Unable To Open Passenger Side Windows

lexuscrazy

Hello everyone,

I do hope someone can help me out with this. I have a 2000 rx 300 with about 40K miles. The other day I just noticed that my passenger side windows(both the front and rear) stopped working. They dont move either up or down. I tried to go through the user manuals but not able to locate the fuse for both the windows( my impression is that the fuse is blown)

i also noticed that the locks dont lock/unlock as well. when i use the remote to lock /unlock the locks the right side ones work fine but not the passenger side ones. also when im inside the car and use the lock switches its the same issue.

any suggestions wud be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

noone to help me out :-(

Have you owned this car for awhile...or is it a pretty new purchase. I don't think that it is a fuse. I also am just guessing but I do not think that they have anything to do with one another unless you car has been involved in a accident at some time. Only a guess....

Good luck

its an old purchase...what happend is that the windows were workign fine but somebody smaehd my window last week and stole my wallet :-( i got the wondow replaced...the front passenger window was broken ...but after replacing it...both my front and rear passenger windows dont work...and neither do the locks.

i ve checked out the fuses and nothign seems to be blown. both the speakers on each passenger door work...i was hoping if there was anythign i cud try before taking it to the dealer...

thanks..

Maybe they unplugged the window harness on the window when replacing the glass. To remove the door panel you would have to do that.

its an old purchase...what happend is that the windows were workign fine but somebody smaehd my window last week and stole my wallet :-( i got the wondow replaced...the front passenger window was broken ...but after replacing it...both my front and rear passenger windows dont work...and neither do the locks.

i ve checked out the fuses and nothign seems to be blown. both the speakers on each passenger door work...i was hoping if there was anythign i cud try before taking it to the dealer...

thanks..

Take it back to them! I would. Maybe it is a quick fix on them!

Maybe they unplugged the window harness on the window when replacing the glass. To remove the door panel you would have to do that.

I agree.

On other cars that I have worked on, that required taking the door apart, the window and lock switch has a connector that connects the button in the door panel to the electrical system. I would bet you a sizable amount that whoever replaced your window failed to reconnect your male and female halves of the plug. Hey, they did the work - let them stand behind their quality.

it was the relay that was the problem ..spent about 80 bux and got it changed..everything works now! so happy..

just out of curiosity...after the realy was changed...my mechanic said that he had to "reprogram" the cars computer...i wasnt there to see what exactly he did to reprogram the car... is there a thread that shows how to reprogram the car?

thanks for all ur suggestions.