Odd Electrical Problem

john1529

Upon start up ('97LS) when I press the brake to put it in gear the battery light on the dash will flash. This will happen each time of press the brake for a while when I begin driving. The flash is very fast. If I turn the lights on the battery light will stay on for about 2 seconds but afterward the light will not come on again, even when pressing brake. No other problems with lights going dim or car not starting. Battery checked out ok. Any ideas?

Thanks

John

Have you checked fluid level ? Maybe in newes (comparing to my LS) LSes there is a info about brake fluid level ? Then check if all your bulbs for stop lights are fine..

I had the same problem, It was not the battery not the fluid, it was the brake sensor , which was fixed at proxmity to the pads, when i had the pads change a while ago, they were not properly fixed back. I refitted them after cleaning the sensor heads with electrical sensor cleaning spray, the warning light was gone. Maybe you could check the pads worn limit.( Just a suggestion )

I had the same problem, It was not the battery not the fluid, it was the brake sensor , which was fixed at proxmity to the pads, when i had the pads change a while ago, they were not properly fixed back. I refitted them after cleaning the sensor heads with electrical sensor cleaning spray, the warning light was gone. Maybe you could check the pads worn limit.( Just a suggestion )

Thanks for the info. Did your battery light also come on briefly when the lights were turned on?