Air Bag / Horn / Cruise

howudodat

Recently replaced the front wheel bearings on my 92 LS400. Shortly afterward (perhaps at the same time) my air bag light came on, the cruise stopped working and the horn died too. I saw the tutorial at lexls.com and will try it, but I was wondering since I am affected by all three problems - all of which point to some electrical problem with the steering wheel am I looking at something other than a stored engine code?

Thanks

Peter

hi peter

yes i know your problem!! had that down here- there is a wiring harness which is like a little spiral, is under you

steering wheel, and runs you horn, cruise and anything else on the steering wheel. Available from Lexus dealers, and on line. Is not cheap. I got mine repaired by a smart auto electrical guy down here,he knew where to get the wire, its like that flat multi-wire computer harness, and he had the connectors to go on the ends. you cant do yourself because you might set off the air bag-and thats nasty.Need your VIN no to get the right one from Lexus.

cheers.

• 10 months later...

hi peter

yes i know your problem!! had that down here- there is a wiring harness which is like a little spiral, is under you

steering wheel, and runs you horn, cruise and anything else on the steering wheel. Available from Lexus dealers, and on line. Is not cheap. I got mine repaired by a smart auto electrical guy down here,he knew where to get the wire, its like that flat multi-wire computer harness, and he had the connectors to go on the ends. you cant do yourself because you might set off the air bag-and thats nasty.Need your VIN no to get the right one from Lexus.

cheers.

my horn quit working as well as the air bag light staying on.......will check the cruise control......if that is it, can i still reset it like lexus.com says......

It is called the clock spring which is a coiled flat flexible circuit board that is coiled like a spring and allows the wheel to turn back and forth without snapping the connection . Whoever did the work snapped the wheel too hard and caused it to break,