Dusting The Outside Of Your Car..

My Black IS350 seems to be a dust magnet! Its starting to drive me crazy... I can wash the car in the morning... and then by the end of the day it looks like I drove it down a dirt road!

Question I have is.... Is there anyway to "dust" the car? Could I just use a towel or would it scratch the paint?

My suggestion would be to use a California Car Duster. Be very careful, and if the dust is anything more than just a day's usage don't use it because you'll introduce marring into the paint.

Micro fibre towel and meguires final inspection or mother's showtime.

Do not use a bare towel or even a plain micorfibre towel as it will leave hairline scratches.

Thanks for your quick response...

What do your prefer to use? Also do you spray it on the towl or the car? or just follow the directions on the bottle?

My suggestion would be to use a California Car Duster. Be very careful, and if the dust is anything more than just a day's usage don't use it because you'll introduce marring into the paint.

SW03ES.. Are you saying more then a day when using the Car Duster or the spray?

It all depends on how carefully you shake it out and how dusty the car is. My car is dark, scratches really easily, and you know I wouldn't use it if it scratched. if you do it rarely when you KNOW its just light dust on the car you'll be fine.

Personally, would only use the car duster or the quick detail spray when the car was lightly dusty. If its been more than a day I wouldn't use it, and I also wouldn't if you've driven significant distances.

If it really bothers you that much you might want to look into getting a water softener so you can just spray the car down and it will dry spot free. If it goes 3-4 days here and it hasn't rained since my last wash (rare) I'll stop off at a coin-op spray wash near my house that has a spot free softened spray and use that to blow the pollen and road dust off. Thats the only way to do it safely IMHO.

It all depends on how carefully you shake it out and how dusty the car is. My car is dark, scratches really easily, and you know I wouldn't use it if it scratched. if you do it rarely when you KNOW its just light dust on the car you'll be fine.

Personally, would only use the car duster or the quick detail spray when the car was lightly dusty. If its been more than a day I wouldn't use it, and I also wouldn't if you've driven significant distances.

If it really bothers you that much you might want to look into getting a water softener so you can just spray the car down and it will dry spot free. If it goes 3-4 days here and it hasn't rained since my last wash (rare) I'll stop off at a coin-op spray wash near my house that has a spot free softened spray and use that to blow the pollen and road dust off. Thats the only way to do it safely IMHO.

Thanks for all your insight and help guys!