Good Solution For Radar Detector For Is350?

Good solution for radar detector for IS350? I know which radar detector to get but the bummer is it is a corded radar detector and the cord would run right in the middle of the gps screen. I am contemplating the solo 2 cordless but I am not that excited about going thru a ton of batteries. Anyone using a radar detector for the IS350 with nav? If so what is your setup and where are the power cables runing?

Thanks...

Good solution for radar detector for IS350? I know which radar detector to get but the bummer is it is a corded radar detector and the cord would run right in the middle of the gps screen. I am contemplating the solo 2 cordless but I am not that excited about going thru a ton of batteries. Anyone using a radar detector for the IS350 with nav? If so what is your setup and where are the power cables runing?

Thanks...

Never priced one.. since I'm a believer that a detector only gives you false security so I dont have one...

BUT..

I guy that came up talking to me about my car.. said I should get the K40 w/ Bluetooth... I guess it mounts on your front/rear Lic Tag.... and its all Bluetooth... thats all I know... He had a Q45 and loved the K40..

I velcroed mine to the dash just to the right of the center speaker and the cord runs down to the right of the center stack and then across a little to the cig lighter socket. It stays completely out of the way and seems to work fine.

• 1 month later...

Thanks...

I have the SOLO 2 and it got to be a pain replacing batteries so I ended up just getting the power cord for it. I had to replace the batteries about once every 3-4 weeks. I have also heard of some people just getting the radar detector hard wired to the battery so it turns on and off when the car is turned on or off. I havn't heard of any complaints about it ... yet.

• 2 weeks later...

bringing back an old thread, you can hard wire the detector, usually takes about 5mins to do. I have a Valentine 1 in my Dodge srt-4(im a troll my sis has an is300 :P) works great, i run the cord from the fuse box up thru the driverside a-pillar, up across the top (tucked into the headliner) then into the unit which is attatched to the windshield next to my rear view mirror