Radio And Lcd Worked Fine But Then.....

LSkid

The other day i was driving with the radio on and then all of a sudden the sound stopped working. The radio and LCD screen still work, the radio channels still change when you push the buttons but it just seems that the sound wasn't working.

I've read in another thread that it might be the volume chip or amp. Does anyone know where to find and check if the volume chip is still good?

ANY help would be appreciated!!! I hate riding in silence! :cries:

The other day i was driving with the radio on and then all of a sudden the sound stopped working. The radio and LCD screen still work, the radio channels still change when you push the buttons but it just seems that the sound wasn't working.

I've read in another thread that it might be the volume chip or amp. Does anyone know where to find and check if the volume chip is still good?

ANY help would be appreciated!!! I hate riding in silence! :cries:

Amp :cries:

There is a built in amp in your headunit that powers the 6 door speakers. The amp in the trunk is for the subwoofer.

90-92 headunit will not fit on 93-94 models despite the fact that they look the same.

There is a built in amp in your headunit that powers the 6 door speakers. The amp in the trunk is for the subwoofer.

90-92 headunit will not fit on 93-94 models despite the fact that they look the same.

Thanks flanker271, I appreciate the input.

Yesterday when I was driving to work i said let me try the radio to see if the volume works (after not working at all since Sunday) and, to my amazement, it worked!! :) So instead of hitting the grindstone when I got to work :P I did some research on what exactly my electrical problem was. From what I've read/found, it seems that Nakamichi amps and speakers aren't really that great, and that quite a few people have had similar problems to mine. However, after checking out carstereohelp.com I found that another common problem is water and corrision affecting an orange connector underneath the back driverside seat. This is what I think my problem is because when it I was driving on Sunday it was raining harder than I've seen in quite some time and thats exactly when my volume stopped working (about 10-15 minutes into my drive). So I think that a little bit of water seeped down underneath the back seat and caused the volume to stop working, until it dried out a few days later. I hope this was the problem and won't happen too often because it seems like a major pain if it is anything else.