Wife Was Rear Ended...

Lexusfreak

Well I was to meet my wife after work yesterday to get her 2003 Forester XS professionally detailed, rust-proofed & for a general 'full spa' treatment in Mississauga Ontario (just west of Toronto) when she called me on my cell not 5 minutes from the place saying she was just rear ended at a stop light by a white Hyundai.

It was a fairly low speed impact (my wife was stopped at the light) & the women apparently "took her eyes off the road for a split second" & BANG!. Very thankfully nobody was hurt. Damage to the rear bumper cover was mainly from the front licence plate screws that dinged & took off some paint with one minor crack in the bumper cover (no visible or major structure damage underneith). The car was left at the detailer with body work to be done next week.

My detailer knows a fantastic body shop who came out to look at the car & will use only OE equipment.....long story short the rear bumper cover needs to be re-painted with some 'minor' metal repair (my guess is the bumper struts & related material). Damage total is $839.19 from the estimate! Needless to say we are not pleased.....but it could have been much worse.....just one of those days. :chairshot:

Now on to dealing with the insurance companies! :rolleyes::censored:

:cheers:

nice little story. lol women...shoudlnt be driving in the first place :P in all seriousness, glad that nobody was hurt.

Nice reply rx330 and I hope your oxygen supply comes in soon :whistles: Freak, no accidents are funny and I hope it all works out as I'm sure it will...Glad your wife is okay.. ;)

Bren,

the subi is the fixable. I'm glad your wife is ok, that is the main thing.

steviej

Thanks Steve B) Karen will be fine and most importantly was not hurt.......a little shaken up (if a tad apprehensive to drive much during the last couple of days) , but damage was minor.......it will be good as new so no worries there. She has been driving the Lexus the last couple of days. B)

:cheers: