100k Miles And Es 300 Rings Going

I posted a question about maybe having had the wrong oil filter installed on my 200 ES300 (see: Valvoline Oil Company #vo-25 Val Vo25 Oil Filter).

Seems now that the rings are going, which is why it is blowing smoke. Car just turned over 100k miles. Am I just an unlucky one of a few, or is there a problem with that model?

Unlucky few. Some just have a harder life than others. Toyota/Lexi normally make it alot farther, but... If you never change a PCV valve, or leave oil in there ungodly too long. Or run too much boost... Or too much fuel.

Ya, 100,000m isn't unheard of.

Warm the engine up & do a compression / leakdown test. Tell us what year you have & tell us the compression (Or % of leak) on every cylinder.

High oil consumption due to worn piston rings is almost unheard of in a Toyota engine at only 100,000 miles But high oil consumption due to sludge formation is fairly common on V6 engines where the current or previos owner(s) extended oil changes beyond about 7500 miles. Even once. Have a mechanic remove one of the valve covers to determine if clumps of gelled oil are visible in the valvetrain.

I would use Valvoline Oil Synthetic, is the most detergent there is. The Mystery Oil can also help de clog the engine. Make sure to use an original or purulator filter. I would recommend a 5 minute flush, but do not leave the stuff in more than 5 minutes, do it for about 3-4 minutes. Perhaps, the blue smoke can be caused because of bad valve rubber seals, it is very common on Mitsubishi Cars after about 100,000 miles. C. PR