Stuck In Sand!

Today I scared the crap out of myself....I went to play paintball with my friends today and it started to rain so we packed up and left...Or so we thought...I got into the car (I was parked in the grass/sand) and hit the gas, well I got stuck in the sand, (some people pushed but that didn't work) so I tried the power and snow button to maybe get some more power, the car budged but it wasn't enough to push me out...SoI just ended up digging myself deeper in, I got myself stuck in so deep the sand was up to my rear bumper, I thought I damaged my muffler or something because it was so deep. I called the Lexus 24 hour roadside assistence and they came pronto and pulled me out, their quickness was very much appreciated, it's definitly commendable. So they towed me out and I went to a cleaner and got all the sand cleared out, now tommrow I will get it detailed to make sure there are no scraches. There seems to be no damage Thank god!! I cleaned it well, and even drove on the highway no problem, I got VERY lucky!! Is there any kind of damage I should be especially looking for?

post-15528-1144625926_thumb.jpg

lol that really sucks. I believe if you are ever stuck in the sand or snow, you are suppose to turn off the traction control, which i know on the IS could be tricky. i doubt that there is any damage to the car itself but you have to be careful with those performance tires, they dont give much grip to the car.

Yea tell me about it lol. Yea, that thought occured to me after I tried the pwr/snow button and I did that and I gave it alot of gas but that just dug me in deeper, I think that if I would have turned it off and pushed one of the buttons in the beggining when my friends tried to push the car out, I probably would have made it out no problem, but by the time that thought had occured to me I was already dug deep. Do you think that the muffler could be damaged? or that it just got pushed up and it realigned itself when the car was pulled out of the sand? They don't seem to be misaligned, they look pretty even.

lol that really sucks. I believe if you are ever stuck in the sand or snow, you are suppose to turn off the traction control, which i know on the IS could be tricky. i doubt that there is any damage to the car itself but you have to be careful with those performance tires, they dont give much grip to the car.

If you look at the muffler, it cant really be push up into the car any further, well maybe an inch of two, but you should notice that its pretty close to the bottom of the car. Now im not expert, so i dont want to say that probably nothing happened, but i also dont want to say that there might be damage without looking at it. If you really want to be sure, i would bring it up with the dealership on your next visit. It should be anything emergency like, because hurting the muffler wont make the car not able to run.

Yea true, but I don't think there is any damage, the tow truck guy said there wasn't any. I mean I haven't heard any wierd noises or anything and it drives like normal so....It's all good.

If you look at the muffler, it cant really be push up into the car any further, well maybe an inch of two, but you should notice that its pretty close to the bottom of the car. Now im not expert, so i dont want to say that probably nothing happened, but i also dont want to say that there might be damage without looking at it. If you really want to be sure, i would bring it up with the dealership on your next visit. It should be anything emergency like, because hurting the muffler wont make the car not able to run.

I'm sure there's no damage. The underbody of cars is tougher than that.

That actually reminds me of the first Nascar race my father and I ever went to. He still had his 98 LS and we were in the VIP box the company that invited us had at Dover. The parking was all asphalt, except of course for the VIP parking that was mud. We barely got the thing parked without getting it stuck, he got up a running start on the grassy part and literally slid half sideways up onto he asphalt aisle when we left. The box was business casual attire too so we looked REALLY out of place sliding a Lexus around in the mud wearing polo shirts and slacks LOL. We don't drive either of our Lexuses when we go now LOL.

When you stop going forward and start going down, you're stuck. ;) Luckily sand is soft and it'd be tough to do it harm. You may want to consider a different off road vehicle. :) Anything softer than asphalt and I switch to this

126-2611_IMG.JPG

When you stop going forward and start going down, you're stuck. ;) Luckily sand is soft and it'd be tough to do it harm. You may want to consider a different off road vehicle. :) Anything softer than asphalt and I switch to this

126-2611_IMG.JPG

Unless you live near or you have to go thru a jungle to get where you go daily, then a suv will be right. But who would actually drive a suv thru that unless you live in a desert. Therefore to me (not a fact) the is350 is a everyday driven car.

Yes, that does look quite paintful lol, Iam glad I didn't go through that :).

126-2611_IMG.JPG

Lol, sounds like quite an adventure :whistles:

I'm sure there's no damage. The underbody of cars is tougher than that.

That actually reminds me of the first Nascar race my father and I ever went to. He still had his 98 LS and we were in the VIP box the company that invited us had at Dover. The parking was all asphalt, except of course for the VIP parking that was mud. We barely got the thing parked without getting it stuck, he got up a running start on the grassy part and literally slid half sideways up onto he asphalt aisle when we left. The box was business casual attire too so we looked REALLY out of place sliding a Lexus around in the mud wearing polo shirts and slacks LOL. We don't drive either of our Lexuses when we go now LOL.