2006 Lx470

rwallican

Thinking about getting the 06 lx470 sometime next year. I see that they have made the engine more powerful. To those of you that have driven both, is it that much difference between the performance now and on the previous model? I have also heard that they are gas guzzlers. One review said that they got about 11 mpg combined city/highway??? That doesn't sound right. I guess, in general, I'm looking for some opinions of the 06.

Thinking about getting the 06 lx470 sometime next year. I see that they have made the engine more powerful. To those of you that have driven both, is it that much difference between the performance now and on the previous model? I have also heard that they are gas guzzlers. One review said that they got about 11 mpg combined city/highway??? That doesn't sound right. I guess, in general, I'm looking for some opinions of the 06.

well i just got the 06 model last month....

it does have more power. and when you start the engine, you can really tell!

it is really a nicer vehicle compared to the older ones.

the options are really sweet! and for the 11mpg...

no its not .. its more.

We love our 2006.

In our opinion, there is a very noticable difference in power between the 2006 and the previous models. It's still not a rocket ship but it has plenty of power for a full sized SUV and it's actually pretty quick now. We've had ours fully loaded with 6 big adults and it has good get up and go and reserve passing power on the freeway. I've seen a magazine article on the new escalade that ranks the 0-60 times of the 06 LC/LX as 7.6 seconds. I don't know if that's true or not but ours certainly feels a lot quicker than our old RX300 AWD was (9.0 second 0-60).

As for mileage... now full sized SUV is going to get good gas mileage. Here in S. CA, it's nearly impossible to drive less than 75mph on the freeway when you're not stuck in traffic and both traffic and high speeds kill gas mileage. But we're averaging about 15mpg in mixed driving. I think the EPA estimates were 13/17 so that's about right. BTW - our mileage has gotten a little better with each tank of gas and I expect it to continue to get a bit better until 10,000 miles when the motor is actually broken in.

Any other questions... please feel free to pm or post here but we're pretty happy with our LX.

Ive got a 2000 LX with an Inake and exhaust system. I have about as much power as the 06 but it makes alot more noise then the 06. I whipped the 06 demo truck out at the dealership one night and took it for a beating. It was very enjoyable. Ied have to say the 2006 feels alot more like a Lexus and not a pretty toyota. As far as gas mileage with the VVT-i i dont know but i get about 9-11mpg....i dont drive slowly. Hope this helped

hey there i have had my 06 for about 6 months now and the power is better; especially on th hgway but these are now built in a new plant in japan so try to get a late build i have had several quality control problems with mine (mirror broke/sun roof rattle/pass window wont go up or down) very upsetting for a 70k car but as much as i complain the truck is great we had a snow storm here a few month back and had18 inches of snow i had to drive to work twice; the first time i had first tracks almost all the way in ;no plows insight. oh as for gas milage it sucks

hey there i have had my 06 for about 6 months now and the power is better; especially on th hgway but these are now built in a new plant in japan so try to get a late build i have had several quality control problems with mine (mirror broke/sun roof rattle/pass window wont go up or down) very upsetting for a 70k car but as much as i complain the truck is great we had a snow storm here a few month back and had18 inches of snow i had to drive to work twice; the first time i had first tracks almost all the way in ;no plows insight. oh as for gas milage it sucks

They used to be made by Araco (maybe until '05 ish). The 4Runners have also been having problems with rattling moonroofs, as well as play/movement in the driver's seat, and vibration at certain rpms since '03 w/ no fixes yet.

Are you using the stock tires in the snow? Which did you get, the Dunlop GrandTreks or Bridgestone HT's?

I got 15mpg on 87 octane gas (mostly city), est. of 17+mpg on this tank so far (mostly hwy, 55-60mph, 91 octane chevron). Nav estimates 19.5mpg for last weekend's day trip, but it seems to be optimistic. The vehicle has lots more power using 91 octane over 87 on the hills (you don't have to press the accelerator as hard, plus I have a very light foot), so you use less gas. Altitude here is from 2500-5000 ft, humidity of 5-20%.

I took the 06 for a drive and really like it. Very luxurious. I hear it's getting redesigned in 08. I'd hate to buy this model and the new one looks better. My wife bought the 04 gs300 in 04 and is now trading it in for the new body style!!! Anyone heard of or seen the new body style?

I took the 06 for a drive and really like it. Very luxurious. I hear it's getting redesigned in 08. I'd hate to buy this model and the new one looks better. My wife bought the 04 gs300 in 04 and is now trading it in for the new body style!!! Anyone heard of or seen the new body style?

As of 4/13/06 there hasn't been any official announcements on a replacement for the LX. There's a lot of speculation and folks claiming to "be in the know" but as of now... that's all speculation.

One of the reasons we bought our 2006; however, was the spectre of a redesign. We feel like the LX has been out long enough that the bugs are out of the vehicle. The reliability is there, the technology is time tested and the vehicle is still competitive with the other "newer" designs. In addition, I'm going to guess that any replacement for the LX is going to be significantly larger than the current vehicle given how close in size the GX is and the popularity of uber utes lux utes like the new GL Benz, the Escalade and others. Our LX is the perfect size for us. Any bigger and it becomes unwieldy and I have to worry about it fitting in garages, etc.

While I lament not having HID's or a dirct Ipod interface both of these items can be readily fixed with the aftermarket and we couldn't be happier with our LX.

Just gassed up today. Got 17mpg on the last tank of chevron 91, mixed driving including climbing up a mountain to 8K ft (climbing at 35-40mph, 70 mi trip), another climb to 6K ft (@50mph, 100 mi trip), the rest was city driving. I have a light foot, A/C was on low virtually all the time (except for the big climb to 8K ft). Driving nearly the identical route using 87 octane, I got 15mpg, so the 91 gives me nearly a 15% improvement at about 7% increase in cost.

• 5 months later...

They used to be made by Araco (maybe until '05 ish). The 4Runners have also been having problems with rattling moonroofs, as well as play/movement in the driver's seat, and vibration at certain rpms since '03 w/ no fixes yet.

Are you using the stock tires in the snow? Which did you get, the Dunlop GrandTreks or Bridgestone HT's?

I got 15mpg on 87 octane gas (mostly city), est. of 17+mpg on this tank so far (mostly hwy, 55-60mph, 91 octane chevron). Nav estimates 19.5mpg for last weekend's day trip, but it seems to be optimistic. The vehicle has lots more power using 91 octane over 87 on the hills (you don't have to press the accelerator as hard, plus I have a very light foot), so you use less gas. Altitude here is from 2500-5000 ft, humidity of 5-20%.

I just purchased an used 06 and really enjoy the ride. However, I do have a slight vibration/rattle noise coming from somewhere inside the cabin. It only happens at low speeds going over imperfections in the road (cracked pavement, small bumps). Seems to be coming from the gear selector area but not sure. Also notice driver's seat shifting. Thinking of having the dealership trouble shoot the vibration. Does anyone know if they will replace the driver's side seat or just shimmy it? First time lexus owner so not sure what to expect.

Thanks!