Problem Sc400 93 Car Dies When Restarted, Over And Over.

Ok say I go out to my car and start it when I haven't driven lately. The car starts everytime like this everyday. Now on the other hand sometimes I will drive a long time then stop somewhere and turn it off and do something. Then If I go to restart it it will do this thing where it will start but not idle and it will just die. Then again the same thing will happen.

On one occasion it took 8 times for it to idle. It only seems to happen if I have ran the car recently. It doens't happen everytime either only every once in a while. It is really random.

Another example is I am at a car audio competition and I have to pull up to the lanes to make my run. So the car is cold and I start it and let it idle where I have to wait to go. Then I have to turn the car off to run because thats how they do it. So I go to restart it and it does this thing again. I get it started after a few tries and pull back because I have to go again in a couple minutes. I stop the engine again to wait then restart it and it starts fine. It has nothing to do with the battery or starter because they work great everytime it always starts but just cant idle sometimes and it dies.

Any ideas.

My thought was intake sensor or fuel pump. I can hear the fuel pump turn on though.

Ok say I go out to my car and start it when I haven't driven lately. The car starts everytime like this everyday. Now on the other hand sometimes I will drive a long time then stop somewhere and turn it off and do something. Then If I go to restart it it will do this thing where it will start but not idle and it will just die. Then again the same thing will happen.

On one occasion it took 8 times for it to idle. It only seems to happen if I have ran the car recently. It doens't happen everytime either only every once in a while. It is really random.

Another example is I am at a car audio competition and I have to pull up to the lanes to make my run. So the car is cold and I start it and let it idle where I have to wait to go. Then I have to turn the car off to run because thats how they do it. So I go to restart it and it does this thing again. I get it started after a few tries and pull back because I have to go again in a couple minutes. I stop the engine again to wait then restart it and it starts fine. It has nothing to do with the battery or starter because they work great everytime it always starts but just cant idle sometimes and it dies.

Any ideas.

My thought was intake sensor or fuel pump. I can hear the fuel pump turn on though.

Any ideas.

When was the last time you changed your Fuel Filter..?

• 3 months later...