06 Gs 300 Phone Problems

I am very new owner of 2006 GS 300 and surprisingly I have found that there is no possibility to store numbers in the phone book in other way than transferring it from a cellular phone. The transferring itself is also very problematic. Sony Ericson K700i simply locks up during operation and RAZR V3 can only transfer one number at a time. Playing with Log after dialing a number and storing it in One Touch is also annoying. Is there any civilized way to store the numbers in the car phone book?

I am very new owner of 2006 GS 300 and surprisingly I have found that there is no possibility to store numbers in the phone book in other way than transferring it from a cellular phone. The transferring itself is also very problematic. Sony Ericson K700i simply locks up during operation and RAZR V3 can only transfer one number at a time. Playing with Log after dialing a number and storing it in One Touch is also annoying. Is there any civilized way to store the numbers in the car phone book?

Yes, purchase or borrow a bluetooth palm device. In the address book make a category (mine is called Lexus). Enter the contacts you want. Enter name and phone only. Do not enter spaces, dots of dashes in the phone number feild. Once done, you can bluetooth the entire category to the car, all at once.

Yes, purchase or borrow a bluetooth palm device. In the address book make a category (mine is called Lexus). Enter the contacts you want. Enter name and phone only. Do not enter spaces, dots of dashes in the phone number feild. Once done, you can bluetooth the entire category to the car, all at once.

hey thanks for the input i was havin same problem with my razor and 06 gs

• 1 year later...

I have an iphone, which won't sync its phone book. I also have a palm tx, and created a short category in my address book for the few contacts I'd like to transfer. But I don't understand how to get the transfer done... my palm doesn't want to connect to the lexus via bluetooth - it only wants networks or computers. Can you tell me how to get the palm to send the phone book category to the car?

Thanks very much.

Jim Oberst

Phone Lexus Customer Service and they will send an instruction sheet, however, it may not work with your phone.

good luck.

Dave

For phones that are problematic, you must first make sure that the Lexus BT system at least 'senses' your phone. Here is the key: once the phone is recognized, initiate a call from the phone (to anyone-doesn't matter) that call will establish a Bluetooth connection. Then go to the Lexus dialog screen for transferring phonebooks. On my phone (Treo 650), I have to go to the contacts list, then select "Send Category". The connection runs for about 2 minutes. Don't touch anything else. When finished, the Lexus system should go back to the Transfer screen. Again, the key is making that call before you try to send your contacts over. It's best to eliminate periods , spaces and dashes from the number fields in your phone before transfering. It isn't easy on the '06 GS, but it can be done.

For phones that are problematic, you must first make sure that the Lexus BT system at least 'senses' your phone. Here is the key: once the phone is recognized, initiate a call from the phone (to anyone-doesn't matter) that call will establish a Bluetooth connection. Then go to the Lexus dialog screen for transferring phonebooks. On my phone (Treo 650), I have to go to the contacts list, then select "Send Category". The connection runs for about 2 minutes. Don't touch anything else. When finished, the Lexus system should go back to the Transfer screen. Again, the key is making that call before you try to send your contacts over. It's best to eliminate periods , spaces and dashes from the number fields in your phone before transfering. It isn't easy on the '06 GS, but it can be done.

I have an '06 GS300 and when I got it back in December of '05, I thought the phone feature was going to be great. Didn't take long to figure out that I was better off just using my phone with a bluetooth over-the-ear device. Using the LCD panel in the car, you can't use call waiting, can't dial using the dial pad on the LCD (grays out when you start rolling) or download a phone book very easily. I had an '08 ES350 for a loan car when my GS was in for service and the voice dialing does help but is still cumbersome. You would think Lexus, in their "relentless pursuit of perfection", would figure out the phone feature just isn't up to par. This feature is about as useful as the parking assist system in the '08 LS460's. My 2 cents worth.

It's a shame that such a great car is hindered by these few annoying limitations. If you own a GS you pretty much have to do the Nav/ML Bypass hack. It opens up so many features and makes the electronic entertainment and communication systems in this car the way they should be. If I am in my '06 300, while driving, I have a DVD-video playing on the screen with Levinson 5.1 surround sound engulfing me. If I have to make a call, 3 touches (first the steering wheel button, then 2 screen button presses and the car makes the call in full, handsfree duplex. Works perfectly, minus the call waiting capability. I can live with that.

You can get these functions in your car just bite the bullet and find out how to or pay someone to do the hack. It's worth it. Keep trying to transfer your phonebook, it can be done.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an iphone, which won't sync its phone book. I also have a palm tx, and created a short category in my address book for the few contacts I'd like to transfer. But I don't understand how to get the transfer done... my palm doesn't want to connect to the lexus via bluetooth - it only wants networks or computers. Can you tell me how to get the palm to send the phone book category to the car?

Thanks very much.

Jim Oberst

Thanks very much.

Jim Oberst

I had no trouble transferring my phone book from my Verizon Blackberry Pearl. Unfortunately it only transferred mobile phone numbers. Can anyone help me to edit the phone numbers? I also would like to know how to enter a phone number without dialing out first.

I have tried using the phone several times, it is paired, but I hear nothing at all. I've tried it both with mute ON and mute OFF. This is so very frustrating!! Thanks.

I had no trouble transferring my phone book from my Verizon Blackberry Pearl. Unfortunately it only transferred mobile phone numbers. Can anyone help me to edit the phone numbers? I also would like to know how to enter a phone number without dialing out first.

I have tried using the phone several times, it is paired, but I hear nothing at all. I've tried it both with mute ON and mute OFF. This is so very frustrating!! Thanks.

Can somebody please help me. I have a 06 GS and went and purchased a BT phone through Verizon (was already in contract with them) and got the Samsung Gleam. Checked the lexusletstalk.com website, and this was compartible. The phone's hooked up and works, except I can't even figure how to manually enter a numbe in the phone book. I get the piece where the menu says transfer phone book, but it wants me to do something from the phone that Verizon or I can't figure out. At least, just telling me how to manuually enter a number is the phone book would be so greatly appreciated.

To anyone who can help, thanks so much!!

With a Samsung phone through Verizon, I had to send the entire contact list to the 2006 GS300 nav/phone system.

You need to access the phone's contact list and send the "card" info for each of the contacts to the car when the nav system is waiting for the phone book.

Other's were only successful sending one contact at a time. Go figure.

With a Samsung phone through Verizon, I had to send the entire contact list to the 2006 GS300 nav/phone system.

You need to access the phone's contact list and send the "card" info for each of the contacts to the car when the nav system is waiting for the phone book.

Thanks so much. You know my does not have the navigator in it, which could be one reason it's not cooperating as well as yours. How do you send the "card" info from the phone? I looked and looked and didn't see anything on that either.

Thanks again,

Doreen

Look at the options menu under the contact, and there should be a choice about a "card". That's what you want. Sorry, wasn't my phone, so I can't look at it now. My LG Chocolate does not transfer phone contacts (or put correctly, Verizon has disabled that feature....).

Can somebody please help me. I have a 06 GS and went and purchased a BT phone through Verizon (was already in contract with them) and got the Samsung Gleam. Checked the lexusletstalk.com website, and this was compartible. The phone's hooked up and works, except I can't even figure how to manually enter a numbe in the phone book. I get the piece where the menu says transfer phone book, but it wants me to do something from the phone that Verizon or I can't figure out. At least, just telling me how to manuually enter a number is the phone book would be so greatly appreciated.

To anyone who can help, thanks so much!!

Maybe this chart will help. I was able to transfer 10 phone numbers at a time from my Verizon LG8300 to my bluetooth equipped ES350.

http://www7.lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/br.../378_05Navi.pdf

I have a Samsung and did just that. Over 120 contacts went over in a matter of seconds.

However, the phone numbers the transfer process choose for some of the contacts were not the mobile phone numbers or the phone number I would desired.

There was not distinct pattern as to the phone numbers it posted. If there was only one number, it of course sent that one. But if multiple ones were listed, it didn't always take the last one, the first one or even the one I have in my phone marked as the default number.

Oh well, those ones that didn't have the correct number; I will eliminate all the other numbers from each contact, and resend/overwrite the desired number to the phone book in the GS. A bit time consuming, but it will settle my OCD.

steviej