05 Rx330 Blueteeth

Chris330

Does sanyone have good results with using a bluetooth phone with the handsfree bluetooth on the 05 rx330?

Mine connects and works, but my call reciepients complain about clarity and call quality. Cabin is silent - fans off, windows up, etc. still bad. Phone is LG-325

I actually would be interested in listening to this "quality". I am affraid I don't have an answer for your problem but I can help you diagnose it. Hands free audio quality is highly subjective opinion that may be missinterpreted. Carrying on a hands free conversation is expected to be less clear than a normal call. It also may depend on the quality of the hands free algorithm that Lexus is using.

If you are interested, I would actually have to set up an appointment to be at my lab with a calling station where I can record and analyze when you are in the car an are able to use the system in stationary and road conditions.

We've actually been pleasantly surprised at how good the voice quality is with the Bluetooth hands-free in our Lexus RX400h using our Verizon Nokia 6256i phone.

that's great for you if the person you called think so too. I think the problem is not on our side. It's always loud and clear inside my car. It's always the other end of the call complaining. I have tried at least 5 different bluetooth phones with my 05' RX330. The result is not that consistent. I think you can minimize the problem a little if you don't talk at the same time.

I've had no complaints with voice quality using bluetooth. When I first began to use it, I asked the other party's about the voice quality and all said it sounded very good. FWIW, I'm using an Audiovox SMT5600 and Cingular as the carrier. 2005 RX.

sound quality for me in the car sounds ok. but i've had many people complain that they can't understand me. they say i sound like i'm far away. if i talk loudly and angle my head upward a little so that the microphone by the interior lights gets more of my voice, it is easier for them to hear.

i was able to pair my T-Mobile MDA Windows Mobile phone without any issues. I haven't tried to get the phonebook to sync yet, but I don't think it is possible. that would be nice however if it would.

One other issue i have is that when i place a call, the sound isn't transferred to the car's audio system until the other side has actually answered the phone and said "hello". I never hear them say hello. In fact, I made a call today where the other side hung up before the audio was patched in to the car. When receiving a call, it works fine. I hear the ringing, press answer, and hear all the audio.

overall, i haven't been thrilled with the bluetooth system so far. maybe with some more tinkering it will get better.