Is The Mark Levinson Stereo Much Better Then The Standard?

Would like to have some feedback from those out there who love music and have heard both the Mark Levinson system and the standard premium sound and may have based their decision one way or the other when you heard them. I'm looking at a 2003 GS 430 that has the Levinson but may consider one without the Levinson stereo.

Would like to have some feedback from those out there who love music and have heard both the Mark Levinson system and the standard premium sound and may have based their decision one way or the other when you heard them. I'm looking at a 2003 GS 430 that has the Levinson but may consider one without the Levinson stereo.

I would recommend bringing a couple of CD's with you to the dealer and try them both out. Since I live in the Midwest, they do not offer the Levinson on a GS300 without special ordering it. So I listened to it in a GS430. I was completely blown away. I am extremely picky about audio systems, I'm a musician and I have my own studio. The Levinson is simply the best sounding auto stereo that you can buy. If you like distortion and unreal bass, then it may not be for you.

Try them both out, you will see a big difference. I did and had to buy out of state since I didn't want to wait for a special order.

RanKZero

06 GS 300 AWD

I would recommend bringing a couple of CD's with you to the dealer and try them both out. Since I live in the Midwest, they do not offer the Levinson on a GS300 without special ordering it. So I listened to it in a GS430. I was completely blown away. I am extremely picky about audio systems, I'm a musician and I have my own studio. The Levinson is simply the best sounding auto stereo that you can buy. If you like distortion and unreal bass, then it may not be for you.

Try them both out, you will see a big difference. I did and had to buy out of state since I didn't want to wait for a special order.

RanKZero

06 GS 300 AWD

Thanks. Anybody else want to chime in? 60 views and only 1 comment? :)

RanKZero

06 GS 300 AWD

If you like Rap, Rock, Disco...go with standar Pioneer!!!

If you like Classical, soft music...go with the Mark Levinson!!!

RanKZero

well since you whined rank here goes my input i bought the mark L system you can actually watch dvd on the mark L system and yes it sounds way better than the regular 110 watt i think is the regular one and im just kiddin dude about the whining part its just funny that you brought it up

late

06 GS 300 AWD

If you like Rap, Rock, Disco...go with standar Pioneer!!!

If you like Classical, soft music...go with the Mark Levinson!!!

Hello. Just joined this fourm.

The Mark Levinson stereo is definately supirior, no questions asked. It does depend on what kind of sound you want. If you're a real audiophile interested in top quality sound, you will never get that out of any factory equipment, dosent matter what kind of car you drive. I got the Mark Levinson, but added a 12'' alpine type X in the trunk, and used the sub that was factory for a mid. If you want to really go all out, then you will need to replace the factory head unit (ie. the CD player) as well.

If you're interested in that, here's the dilema - why would you pay so much for a car like the 430 to then go and bugger up the apperence of the inner console, expecialy if you have the touch screen upgrade (definatly worth it by the way.) Here's the solution - you can something called a hub thru Alpine which will allow you to keep all your factory interior, but run whatever third party extras (CD, iPod, DVD, Playstation etc.) through the same touch screen. THis way you can put in a much better CD player with a completely seperate amp for your cabin speakers. Then you can go ahead and upgrade all the mid range and tweeters that are in your cabin. You can even control your iPod through the touch screen, and never have to take it out of wherever you have it mounted.

So to make a long story short, get the ML system, get the Nav system, and then upgrade from there, until you have better sound quality than your home theater.

-Obeah Man

Hello. Just joined this fourm.

The Mark Levinson stereo is definately supirior, no questions asked. It does depend on what kind of sound you want. If you're a real audiophile interested in top quality sound, you will never get that out of any factory equipment, dosent matter what kind of car you drive. I got the Mark Levinson, but added a 12'' alpine type X in the trunk, and used the sub that was factory for a mid. If you want to really go all out, then you will need to replace the factory head unit (ie. the CD player) as well.

If you're interested in that, here's the dilema - why would you pay so much for a car like the 430 to then go and bugger up the apperence of the inner console, expecialy if you have the touch screen upgrade (definatly worth it by the way.) Here's the solution - you can something called a hub thru Alpine which will allow you to keep all your factory interior, but run whatever third party extras (CD, iPod, DVD, Playstation etc.) through the same touch screen. THis way you can put in a much better CD player with a completely seperate amp for your cabin speakers. Then you can go ahead and upgrade all the mid range and tweeters that are in your cabin. You can even control your iPod through the touch screen, and never have to take it out of wherever you have it mounted.

So to make a long story short, get the ML system, get the Nav system, and then upgrade from there, until you have better sound quality than your home theater.

-Obeah Man

It's hard to decide when everyone has a different opinion. I do realize that some people like distortion and distroted bass, etc. I am not one of them. I own and operate a music / video studio. I paid a lot of money for the audio equipment. To me, I want to hear what was recorded. When you hear music through a very good system, it definately helps you realize that there are major differences in recordings.

That being said, I personally love the ML system in my GS. I find that it is very close to the sound that I get in my studio. I listen to many types of music and they all sound great. I keep the EQ setting to FLAT (zero).

I never heard a car stereo that sounded better. Even aftermarket. I heard many that had distroted bass and crazy loudness. But that doesn't impress me at all. This system rocks my world. Hopefully you will agree. I'm not into the unrealistic, distorted bass though. I do understand that many people are.

I would just take your 2-3 best sounding CD's with you and try them both out. I have been buying DVD-Audio disks and am very impressed with the even better sound from them in my ML system.

Also do some research on ML system. There are many experts out there that were equilly impressed with the sytem.

Good luck everyone.

RanKZero

06 GS300 AWD ML