Replaced A 9006 Silverstar Headlight Today.. Very Disappointed.

One of my 12 month old Silverstar lo-beam headlights burned out last night so I bought a single bulb to replace it. I drove it earlier and noticed that the new bulb shines a completely different shade of color onto the road.. I got out and checked it from the front and sure enough, the new bulb definately isn't filtering as well as the older one. WTF.

In this pic, the new bulb is on the left side of the picture (passenger side)

DSC01239.JPG

Shining on the garage, new one appearing on the right side

DSC01247.JPG

Could this be a flaw in the new bulb? Or is Sylvania cutting costs one these now... Thinking about trying to exchange it but I'll probably just end up in the same situation.

Could this be a flaw in the new bulb? Or is Sylvania cutting costs one these now... Thinking about trying to exchange it but I'll probably just end up in the same situation.

new bulbs have a burn in period. it will whiten over time, and get a little brighter, but as it's out of sync with your other bulb, they probably will never line up exactly.

Hello,

I don't know how the eurolites work/look but i just wanted to let you know to be careful about those "cheaper" replacement light bulbs because the "blue tint" of the bulb could be a plastic film that was glued to the bulb as opposed to blue colored glass, and since the bulb burns hot that plastic burns and chips off of the bulb and into you headlight casing. (at least that happened to me with some cheap replacement HID look headlights)

so in this case i would buy another sylvania, save the older one, and when either of the new ones burns out, you can put in your older sylvania back in!

chargerucd

Anybody have an idea how good these bulbs look?

http://www.cardomain.com/item/EUR9006DP

chargerucd, I vote no. Based off no opinion other than I think those are taiwanese bulbs & the marketing on the package is lieing.

speedshift like they said, replace them in pairs. That being said, there are different versions of silverstars floating around & they have changed them more than once in the last few years.

It's hard to tell. There is some color differance between the two pictures, but I'm not forming an opinion for a few varriables.

1) The fog lights are aim a bit differently

2) Bulb installation. You *can* wiggle the bulbs around in the housings ever so slightly. That will change how it looks once projected through the lens.

3) The passanger & drivers side are the same thing for all practicale purposes, but are a tiny hair different from each other.

I'm probably being too anal, but... Eh... Give it a month & go buy $6 worth of 9006 sylvania bulbs, or $7 worth of 9005 sylvania bulbs. Or spend $75 on an HIR conversion, or a couple hundred bucks for descent rebased bulbs & mod the projectors so it comes out well.