Should I?

SW03ES

I liked the first one better...black/black and UL!!! B) Small car lots like that scare me half to death, and I'd pass on that one because of that alone. Cars that are on those kinds of lots are usually there for a reason. Get one from Lexus dealer or an individual. So, yeah you should, but just not this one!

Yeah I changed because I found a silver one, I'll put the original back. I agree about the small car lots LOL

I think thats an excellent price for that car...

Only issue is its black...

I like the UL package, my only fear would be when I buy an LS, its going to be the last car I buy for a long time and I'm going to drive it for 200k. The air suspension on the UL scares me over the long haul.

Plus I promised myself this would be the last dark colored car I'd buy...

You don't have to explain that one to me--it's soft, delicate, and has no clear on it, say no more! LOL If you go with mercury, it needs to have black interior though! The black one does have a great price, and you'd get to drive it all the way back to MD, that would be a fun trip!

I like the UL package, my only fear would be when I buy an LS, its going to be the last car I buy for a long time and I'm going to drive it for 200k. The air suspension on the UL scares me over the long haul.

Very true! Not to bash MB, but I was browsing mbworld, and it seems aweful common for the airmatic to go on S classes that are 5 years old and younger. Someone said the repairs cost close to $10k. :o

Actually Lexus started putting a clear on it in 2001. I also agree about the black interior.

Yeah, I'd like an MB someday but thats a lease-er LOL

The other issue is being satisfied when the new LS comes out. I like the latest stuff, and I could happily drive mine until the fall of 2007 and get an all new LS to drive for 200k miles lol. Sure it'll cost more (probably 20-30k more than this deal LOL) but I'll be in a better position to afford it then.

As it is the payments on this would be about $610 after mine on trade, very do-able...

Tempting...I do dislike used cars though. This thing looks good as new though...

Tempting...I do dislike used cars though.

Why's that? Some poor clown paid $20,000 to put 22,000 miles on that car....that's lousey. I'm sure it still looks/smells/drives just like new; plus, it still has the factory warranty. I'll probably never buy a new car. I'll probably lease one some day just to have had something new, but I'll gladly let someone else take that first plummet on depreciation....buy it from them, extend the warranty, and their is a good buy!

Blow me down, Lexus clear coated a black car!!!! :o :o :D

Eh, I just think there's something to be said for being responsible for a car's maintenance from day one, especially if you're going to keep it for a long time.

Well, long time is relative. 200k miles to me would only be 8 yrs or so LOL

Actually Lexus started putting a clear on it in 2001. I also agree about the black interior.

Yeah, I'd like an MB someday but thats a lease-er LOL

The other issue is being satisfied when the new LS comes out. I like the latest stuff, and I could happily drive mine until the fall of 2007 and get an all new LS to drive for 200k miles lol. Sure it'll cost more (probably 20-30k more than this deal LOL) but I'll be in a better position to afford it then.

As it is the payments on this would be about $610 after mine on trade, very do-able...

Tempting...I do dislike used cars though. This thing looks good as new though...

I don't blame you. Even the most immaculate looking of cars can hide some serious mechanical issues. You can never tell what has been done to it. For someone as anal as me, that's going to be a constant worry. Was this car treated right? Was it broken in properly. Sometimes it is worth the premium to get a clean slate.

Even my 1992 with was a CPO had initial teething problems. The lady who had it before us was a TV reporter and drove it all over the streets of Boston (Pothole Galore). They had hell balancing the car properly.

As for the black, stay away. I've seen way too many Black LS430's running around with major swirl marks. Even the dealer's demo unit was swirled to all hell. No doubt you know how to detail properly, but the people who owned that car before you probably do not. I really surprised that dealerships would do something like that.

Is Mercury Metallic the modern verison of Sandstone Beige? (The color of my 1992). If so, I highly recommend it. That color is the best of both worlds shines great, but hides dirt, swirls, and scratches well.

I'd be hesitant to get a car with Air Suspension if you plan on keeping it. It's a great tool, but expensive as hell to replace. The stories you hear about the early Airmatic systems are true. Major pain when they break., 1K per shock to replace. The standard suspension is pretty smooth, but I think our '02 LS430 with the 17" tires drove smoother and quieter than the '05 with the 18"'s.

Good luck in your search,

Sam

and on that note i have a question!!! I hope this is isn't a dumb one. I was looking through local classifieds today and saw a LS400 for about 7500 i said that's not too bad I'd like to take a look at this thing. But something is strange about the ad. I want a 95 up and car was advertised as a 95 but looked just like my 94. I thought the body design changed along with headlights and grill. I mean i know it did but uh were there a few half year production models or something like that?

Yeah I changed because I found a silver one, I'll put the original back. I agree about the small car lots LOL

I think thats an excellent price for that car...

Plus I promised myself this would be the last dark colored car I'd buy...

I would go with the silver over black any day! Dark colors look great clean but are a lot of work to keep up...

I have always had blue cars...my RX is white...I was not crazy about it when the salesman told me about it but when I saw it changed my mind...also it is much easier to keep clean than blue...at least it looks good... until I get around to spending half a day cleaning it! :D

Milage doesn't bother me as much since I bought the CPO. If something is going to go wrong it will more than likely happen within the warranty period I hope!

Hey Steve thought you said that you would not buy a used car or preowned??? Well on these types of cars as I have said if you can get it for 10,000 to 20,000 cheaper buying a preowned why not? Unless you just want to spend the more money or want to have it off the lot....NEW

Best of luck to whatever you decide to do!!! B)

Eh, I just think there's something to be said for being responsible for a car's maintenance from day one, especially if you're going to keep it for a long time.

Totally agree! who knows what bozo had their hands on the car (crap mechanics, crap owners, etc) but the car looks good! Personally i like the style of the 460 better, but the price is tempting? add in the balance of factory warranty... :D

Good Luck :cheers:

I don't blame you. Even the most immaculate looking of cars can hide some serious mechanical issues. You can never tell what has been done to it. For someone as anal as me, that's going to be a constant worry. Was this car treated right? Was it broken in properly. Sometimes it is worth the premium to get a clean slate.

Thats exactly how I feel about it.

Is Mercury Metallic the modern verison of Sandstone Beige? (The color of my 1992). If so, I highly recommend it. That color is the best of both worlds shines great, but hides dirt, swirls, and scratches well.

Mercury Metallic is silver. I could never get a beige car or my fiance would never ride in it LOL

but I think our '02 LS430 with the 17" tires drove smoother and quieter than the '05 with the 18"'s.

I'm sure, I like the look of the 18s but I would find some 04 17s and replace them to maximize the ride.

Well on these types of cars as I have said if you can get it for 10,000 to 20,000 cheaper buying a preowned why not? Unless you just want to spend the more money or want to have it off the lot....NEW

Well, I did a little looking. I can get a brand new 06 with the modern lux package (nav, levinson, smart access etc) for about $54k brand new. Sure it doesn't have all the gizmos of the UL, 5 years from now it probably will be more reliable and the interest rates are better on new car purchases than used. It works out to about the same payment.

Its tempting. I think I'll wait until I can see a 460 in the flesh first though.