Shadow...rear Suspension

Arkansawyer

Many things can cause vibrations during braking. Good rear carrier bushings "dampen" vibrations but torn carrier bushings amplify vibrations. Those bushings are exposed to tremendous stress and are the weakest link in the rear suspension. ADUS 505 is the part#.

A shop across my work place stock ADUS bushings so if anyone want them, PM me and I'll get them for you.

Those bushings are usually one of the first to go, due to the massive loads and abuse they take. I would not be suprised if you indeed need new ones. Once they start to fail, the wheel hub itself will start to shift back and forth, especially when braking. My guess.....you need new ones. Get the ASUS ones and you'll be fine. Take it to an indi mechanic and probably be done with the repair for $150 bucks.

Just ordered both #505 and #583 from the link above. Also ordered part # 4872522110 that Shadow has mentioned was the bushing for the other end of the strut rod?

Really didn't want to go poly on any of the bushings but figure there is a lot less movement in the rear susp. than in the front. Hopefully no squeaking. And of course the pros are that With poly I'll never have to replace them again.

Thanks guys for all the help. This is a great board.

Absolutely. But I know for a fact that the P/O had new brakes put on and rotors turned. I've had cars that the rotors were out of spec and this does not feel the same at all. Then I read this post from zoso:

<If you are getting brake pulsations on a regular basis even after to have your rotors turned, you more than likely ahve bad rear carrier arm bushings. Once you do the replcement you will see whay this occurs.>

Others have confirmed that replacement of the carrier bushings remedies this issue. It feels like the back half is going to shake the car apart. Which in essence is the fore and aft movement of the rear "axles" when braking.

I'll purchase new OE rotors and pads after I install these bushings. But I will post a follow up with the results of just replacing the bushings soon. To see indeed what difference they make.