Any Way To Disable The Antenna?

Topshelf

Is there any way to disconnect that antenna so that it will NOT go up when on FM? I just installed my Sirius and have absolutely no need for FM anymore. And I hate that the antenna has to go up and start up and down on shut down. I tried disconnecting some of the plugs from behind the radio while I was there. But the radio wouldn't even turn on unless everything was plugged in. Is there a wire that I can just remove from the harness?

Have you considered putting an on/off switch in the power lead to the antenna? -- just in case you or someone riding with you wants or needs to listen to a local radio station someday.

I never thought about it but it seems odd that your 02 RX has an external antenna when our 00 LS and even our 98 Camry have radio antennas imprinted on the inside surface of the rear window.

Ah, so that means I need to take apart the cargo area to get to the antenna then? I was hoping for an easier way to do it, but I guess I'll just rip in to it.

Thanks

And no, I have no care about anybody else's needs. :) Seriously, there is a window antenna also, so I would guess that would be good enough in a pinch.