Just Bought 02 Gs300... Help With Features!

I'm the proud owner of a 02 Lexus GS300... car is wonderful so far! However, it does not have an owners manual with it. I'll probably end up purchasing one from Ebay in the not-so-distant future. In the mean time, I have a couple of simple questions.

1) I read on here that holding 'unlock' on the key rolls down all windows & the sunroof opens. Very nice! What button can you press to get them all back up and closed from the remote?

2) What grade of fuel is recommended? 87/89/91/93?

3) Is synthetic oil recommended or is good ol' fashion oil fine?

Any other neat futures that I'd not learn of without having a manual? If so.... please do tell :)

I'm the proud owner of a 02 Lexus GS300... car is wonderful so far! However, it does not have an owners manual with it. I'll probably end up purchasing one from Ebay in the not-so-distant future. In the mean time, I have a couple of simple questions.

1) I read on here that holding 'unlock' on the key rolls down all windows & the sunroof opens. Very nice! What button can you press to get them all back up and closed from the remote?

2) What grade of fuel is recommended? 87/89/91/93?

Any other neat futures that I'd not learn of without having a manual? If so.... please do tell :)

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=25931

This will get you in the ballpark for now. Go to www.lexus.com and register. Then you will be able to download the manual AND order a paper copy for free. Welcome to the club :cheers:

Synthetic will not give you longer oil change intervals, but it will not hurt either. I use regular oil with 5000 mile intervals and see no reason to spend the extra money. The GS 300 engine with regular oil will probably oulast everything else on the car.

There are many who feel that the synthetic oil is worth the extra money

THank you for the information! I've registered on Lexus.com and have spent some time reading the manual. Very helpful. So far I absolutely love this car. Then again, I'm coming from a 2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 w/ Hemi. So it's a slightly different world.... one I think I'll be very glad to be part of! :)