Dashboad Rattles?

acoustic

Hi Guys,

I own a 1999 RX and have numerous dashboard rattles that I can't seem to find? I remember something about a dash clip upgrade but can't find the thread. Anyone else had these rattles..??

-Acoustic.

I only remember posts regarding new clips (or something like that) for the sunroof to counteract the plastic "popping" sound caused by expansion/contraction of the plastic trim up there.

I had an annoying rattle for a while that I tracked down to the lock on the glove box, something inside the mechanism was rattling and it took weeks to find it. Good luck

in my previous RX300, there was a glove box rattle. then when i was attempting to get that fixed, for some reason, my dealer created a new rattle in my dash :chairshot: . It was a rattle, that i myself could re-create w/o driving the car. If u want to see if it is the same as mine, find the connection between the front windshield vent and the rest of the dash. push on it and see if it rattles or squeaks. If it is, then it's a clip inside the dash. i know it's a clip because when mine got into an accident, the rattle got worse. I then had the dealer open it and fix it, and they said that some clip came off (not knowing that the accident probably made it worse).

• 2 weeks later...

I also have my RX (2005) in for a dash rattle. In my vehicle, the rattle is a plastic-on-plastic sound, located in the instrument cluster or just behind it...worse at freeway speeds. If the road is perfectly smooth (very few of those roads in CA), it does not occur. Apparently they found something, as they called me and told me they needed to keep it; a part needed to be ordered that won't be in until Friday.

That rattle is the only complaint I have with my RX. It showed up when the car was about 9 months old.

2007 RX 350

Planning on a 2007 in the fall. If we do get one it will be in the dealer till they get rid of it. We didn't do that with our '04. It still is bad when it cold out.

If in fact the new '07 has a dash noise it WILL get fixed or I'll push it till the LEMON LAW gets me a new one, again, & again & again.

im getting a sqeaking sound, not from my dash, but behind the drivers seat. Its like that sound water bottles made when you rub them together. also, does anyone know how to fix seatbelt sqeaking, on the part where you insert the belt. this is on my is300 and its annoying