1990 Es 250 , Seen It Today For Sale@ Local Dealer

Hey Everyone,

I seen a 1990 es250 @ a local dealer and was curious so I stopped.They are asking 5,900 for it..It has 135,000.The car is in excellent shape and and has all sevice records...The dealer is even offering a warrenty. I was just wondering if this is a good buy..Is there any major promblems known for the 250's ..I also noticed the instrument panel is not like my es 300 which has the red needles.It does have the leather and airbag..The car seems to have been well mantained..Any thoughts would be appreciated... :whistles:

The interior is Camry I'll agree, but believe it or not, not one body panel is shared.

135,000 miles isn't at all high for a 13 year old car. Thats only 10,300 miles a year.

i must say that the price is too high..i paid $7000 for my 92 only worth about $5000 or less now.

but, i haven't really seen any of the 250's on the road,so if it's the car youve been wanting, get it...otherwise, shop. spend this up coming weekend looking around....then go back and if you want the 250, get it.

i just don't like people jumping for a car instantly, thats what my parents did with my car, and i lost $5000 i didn't have to spend...coulda gotten a newer car for a better price....

also get the warrenty..im begging you..if the price of the warrenty seems to high, STILL GET IT...

my car has had SO MUCH WORK since i bought it that it coulda covered the most expensive warrenty they had, and id still have extra.

That sounds like alot of money for that car. $4500 would be the most I would want to spend on that model ES. That's about the avg $ for that model in Southeast VA. I really don't see alot of the 1st generation ES out there anymore and I guess its because most have died out.

Even though I love my Lexus, I would suggest that you look at a 190 E Mercedes from that same time period. It will probably run @ $6K +/-, but it will last longer and it will have better resale when you finally get rid of it. Maintenance may be a bit more expensve though.

Even though the mileage is low, you will still have to contend w/ age related problems on any car from that period. Save another grand and buy a newer model ES. It will be well worth it. If you do get the ES250 at a lower price, buy a warranty on it.

my friend's mom drives a es 250, but i can't tell the difference between that and a camry from the same time. i personally don't think that itz worth it... although the car will probably still give you quite a few years...

i mean, id look for a newer version for the same price or a little bit more, i mean...you'd get more for the money..safety features and the like...

guess you could by a camera of the same year, they were pretty comfy *sniff* i miss mine.....

shopping around over impulse by.....

Thanks for your replys...I really love my es 300 series...just thought maybe that es 250 would have been a rare buy but guess not...I just got my lexus serviced the last past couple of days...1500.00..Had a new timming belt, water pump. t-stat,and it needed a new pully...The labor rate was 79.00 an hour here in pa..

:o I can't believe y'all, spending $1000+ to have your cars worked on by the dealer! If anything so major as to cost that much ever happened to mine, I'd be tempted just to throw in the towel! <_< I mean, I know (from personal experience) that the dealer may be the best place to take these cars to have them fixed, being that they obviously know them well and use genuine Lexus parts, but DAMN! Seems like some of you are gettin screwed into fixing things that either don't need to be fixed or don't take a certified mechanic to fix; especially not for $80/hour! Or, do you do it for the peace of mind that that part isn't gonna break, b/c you just let none other than Lexus replace it? Guess I'm just lucky that between mine and my fathers' expertise, we've been able to do anything to our ES's that really needs to be done. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have just noticed some noise my lexus makes when the A/C is on.. It is like rattiling noise and I also fill it in the brakes when i am stopped...Before i had the car serveced less than a couple weeks back it did not do it...They replaced a pully @ the cost of 400+ when it was serviced and it was done at a lexus dealership...Could maybe they have gotten my timing belt on wrong? God I hope not as much money as I just paid them..Another thing My car went in with the under gaurd that protects the bottom of the engine and when I got it back from the lexus dealership it was gone..I called them the other day and they told me i never had one...But hello , I change my oil every 3000 miles and i know i had a bottom gaurd ..So what happen to it?Did they still it?lol Do I need to worry about having the guard????