Transmission Help

esh1071

Hello All:

Last week I was coming home and my transmission started to go. I made it to within one block of my house before the car came to a complete stop. I had the car towed to a local transmission guy who does very good work. He tried to start the car the next morning and it would not start. The flywheel is cracked.

I'm trying to be proactive here and search for a transmission at a salvage yard. My car is a '93 LS with about 250,000 miles. The transmission has to be taken out to be inspected so I figure if I can find a lower mileage salvage I might as well have that put back in. My hopes are to keep this car for several more years. I'm going to drive it until it absolutely will not move any longer.

Any suggestions for online salvage yards. I'm doing the google search but just wondered if anyone knew of some good sites to check out. Sorry for the long post, but thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

Hello All:

Last week I was coming home and my transmission started to go. I made it to within one block of my house before the car came to a complete stop. I had the car towed to a local transmission guy who does very good work. He tried to start the car the next morning and it would not start. The flywheel is cracked.

I'm trying to be proactive here and search for a transmission at a salvage yard. My car is a '93 LS with about 250,000 miles. The transmission has to be taken out to be inspected so I figure if I can find a lower mileage salvage I might as well have that put back in. My hopes are to keep this car for several more years. I'm going to drive it until it absolutely will not move any longer.

Any suggestions for online salvage yards. I'm doing the google search but just wondered if anyone knew of some good sites to check out. Sorry for the long post, but thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

http://www.taprecycling.com/

You owe me a beer :cheers: