Bluetooth Phone Book

I have an RX400h and just recently bought the new Verizon XV6700 Pocket PC phone. I have some trouble connecting to the RX at times, and have had to actually delete the phone from the RX and re-add it. I don't know if it is the phone or the vehicle.

Once I re-add the phone, it will work fine for awhile. However, after several weeks I had a problem where it showed it was connected, but the mic and speakers in the car would not work. I had to reset (soft) my phone and then it worked. I have no idea what caused this and hope it doesn't happen again.

I also have had a VERY frustrating time trying to transfer to the phone book of the car. I found that if you take out the area codes completely, the transfer works. The only other problem is that you have to add a separate contact if you want to have multiple numbers for one person. For example, a home number, a cell phone number and a work number. To get these into your phone book on the car, you have to enter individual contacts on your cell phone and then transfer in each one separately.

As for adding phone numbers into the phone book manually, it can be done but you cannot add names. THIS is the car, not the phone.

My Samsung i730 (Verizon) has established a stabled paired connection with the 400h. However, I never tried to transfer the whole phone book, hearing complaints similar to what you described from other users, with this car and the Prius. I have assigned numbers to the 17 keys available on the screen and these cover about 99% of my calls. For making any other call, I dial through the phone and the car phone picks up.

From the Prius literature, I remember that Outlook adds parentheses in numbers (around the area code) and this interferes with transferal of the phone book. Some of the contributors there had tried assigning the "country" to Estonia, and somehow that took care of their problem. Good Luck!

I recently purchased my new 2006 RX 400h and upgraded my cell phone to a Motorola Razr V3 for BlueTooth capability. The process to upload cell phone numbers to the Lexus was not clear nor easy. I could only load the numbers one at a time. If anyone needs the step by step process with the Razr, I will emal it. Sure would have been nice to have some detailed instructions how to do the uploading. The Navagation manual from Lexus was no help, nor was the Lexus USA support people. Motorola offered a website that was confusing and wasn't much help either. So I figured it out myself.

Be careful to not touch the "Overwrite" option. I did during my upload and had to start uploading the phone book in the Razr all over. I was trying to ammend a phone number. Maybe there is a way to do it, but not that way. Motorola wants to charge a lot for the PC to Razr connection to manage the Razr with a PC. There are other options online like Accustation.com.

Eric Vogt