Total Intake Cleansing

Today the weather was perfect, So I decided to clean the intake, air filter, maf, throttle body. WOW what a difference, I removed the complete intake and k&n air filter and cleaned the intake inside and out and let dry, Then I cleaned tha air filter and oiled it, cleaned the maf with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol. I proceeded to remove the throttle body and cleaned it with valvoline synpower throttle body cleaner. Put everything back together and took her out for a spin and was impressed once again with the gs and it's performance. I highly recommend if you haven't done this DO IT ASAP and enjoy your car just like the day you bought it. Now get to it. :cheers:

Today the weather was perfect, So I decided to clean the intake, air filter, maf, throttle body. WOW what a difference, I removed the complete intake and k&n air filter and cleaned the intake inside and out and let dry, Then I cleaned tha air filter and oiled it, cleaned the maf with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol. I proceeded to remove the throttle body and cleaned it with valvoline synpower throttle body cleaner. Put everything back together and took her out for a spin and was impressed once again with the gs and it's performance. I highly recommend if you haven't done this DO IT ASAP and enjoy your car just like the day you bought it. Now get to it.:cheers:

Just curious... was it hard to take off the throttle body? How many screws/nuts/bolts were there? I'm thinking about doing this when it gets warmer in NYC. The furthest I've gone to cleaning the throttle body is spraying the cirular flap with carb cleaner and scrubbing it down with a toothbrush. That helped a bit with the low idle.

[Just curious... was it hard to take off the throttle body? How many screws/nuts/bolts were there? I'm thinking about doing this when it gets warmer in NYC. The furthest I've gone to cleaning the throttle body is spraying the cirular flap with carb cleaner and scrubbing it down with a toothbrush. That helped a bit with the low idle.

[/quo

Do you have any idea what your tb costs?Removing it not too bad but not a job for just anyone.Im not trying to offend you just save some heartache and possibly alot of money.I replaced my starter awhile back and cleaned the intake and tb and couldnt believe the power it freed up.More than any mod Ive done.

Btw that circular flap is called the butterfly.