Navigation Safety Lock-out Feature (won't Let You Adjust While The

05silverls430

I recently purchased my first Lexus, an '03 LS430 with nav. One feature that I'm not particularly thrilled with is the inability to operate most of the menu and programming features of the navigation system when the car is moving, even with the passenger seat occupied. My previous car was an '04 Acura TL, and I could enter destinations into the sytem with no prolem while the car was moving.

I understand that this is a safety issue, however there has to be some way to disable it.

Any suggestions or ideas???

hit the menu button go into the menu that says dvd version.

Tap the screen

top left

bottom left

top left

bottom left

bottom right

hold down the overide button till it beeps and it has a black outline around it

dont play wit any thing else in this menu

then just hit back

you will have to do this every time you start the car

Tap the screen

top left

bottom left

top left

bottom left

bottom right

then just hit back

Thanks! I'll give that a try. Surely there has to be a way to permanently disable it, though. But, maybe not....

Tap the screen

top left

bottom left

top left

bottom left

bottom right

then just hit back

Thanks! I'll give that a try. Surely there has to be a way to permanently disable it, though. But, maybe not....

check ebay motors, i saw a few bypass gadgets for lexus dvd navigation. those things also allow you to control dvd movies on your nav system. by the way doesn't your nav allow you to prog or input commands by voice while driving? i'm sure you've watched the dvd video that come with the car for nav use training.

check ebay motors, i saw a few bypass gadgets for lexus dvd navigation. those things also allow you to control dvd movies on your nav system. by the way doesn't your nav allow you to prog or input commands by voice while driving? i'm sure you've watched the dvd video that come with the car for nav use training.

Actually, I bought it CPO, so no DVD. You're right about the voice recognition. I hadn't thought about that. I tried Zube's method of going into the nav set-up screen and that works great. Only problem is that I have to do it every time I start the car.

I got one of the Vais Technologies modules installed last week (for XM), but it's not one that allows you to watch DVDs on the system. I'll check eBay as well. Thanks!