Question About My Cracked Air Intake Hose.

Hello I have a 1995 es300, I was checking out my engine today and turns out my air intake hose is cracked completely in half in the middle. So I did a temporary fix job with duct tape.

I went to newlexusparts.com but could not find an 'air intake hose' anywhere! So I am wondering if it has a more proper name, and I put in a parts inquiry at taprecycling too, any other places I should look for it? Cheaper then dealership. Also if/when I get my new one I am wondering if there is anything special in replacing it.

I didn't see anything too hard, just some black box on the side and regular hoses but in case there are any tricky parts can someone warn me?

Pretty neat that car drives great with a part broken in half :P

it's $42 last time i checked on newlexusparts.com:

Collision Catalog - 1995 - Lexus - Es 300

Engine / transaxle, Air intake, Hose, Hose - 1994-96 1 $41.28 $0.00 $41.28

it's easiest to just remove the entire intake hose along with the air filter lid and MAF sensor in one piece then take them apart when they're out of the engine. this way you can also clean the MAF sensor and throttle body with some o2 sensor-friendly spray.

• 3 weeks later...

it's $42 last time i checked on newlexusparts.com:

Collision Catalog - 1995 - Lexus - Es 300

Engine / transaxle, Air intake, Hose, Hose - 1994-96 1 $41.28 $0.00 $41.28

it's easiest to just remove the entire intake hose along with the air filter lid and MAF sensor in one piece then take them apart when they're out of the engine. this way you can also clean the MAF sensor and throttle body with some o2 sensor-friendly spray.

what is a o2 friendly spray ?

this way you can also clean the MAF sensor and throttle body with some o2 sensor-friendly spray.

what is a o2 friendly spray ?

carb cleaner or throttle body cleaner that won't damage the O2 sensors when the excess cleaner is burned off or passed downstream and over the A/F sensors and O2 sensors.

Some sprays can damage those sensors.

It will be stated on the side of the can if that particular spray is O2 sensor safe.

steviej