Mityvac

nc211

Sears has the MityVac fluid evacuator on sale for $99. I've been thinking about getting one for a few months now. It says it can evac brake fluid, power steering fluid, tranny fluid, oil, coolant, etc..... I've read the product spec's and I must say, I like the idea of this little gadget! I can hook it up to my air compressor.

So, has anyone ever used one of these? Any comments, reviews or concerns about using one? I'm looking at the 7300 model.

http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_fee.asp

Oh Lord!!! The "Hamma" with a Mityvac attached to his air compressor is a scary thing :o You need a shirt with "Mity-Hamma" across the front...can't say, without being censored, what the logo would look like. Ha,ha,ha :cheers:

Seriously..ahem..it looks like a cool gadget!! It could be the answer to a lot of our problems caused by injesting all those fluids through our siphons. :P And would make our Turkey taste better when we give the Baster a rest. What have you got to lose? It's from Sears...if it "Sucks" take it back!!! Yeow..

Sears has the MityVac fluid evacuator on sale for $99. I've been thinking about getting one for a few months now. It says it can evac brake fluid, power steering fluid, tranny fluid, oil, coolant, etc..... I've read the product spec's and I must say, I like the idea of this little gadget! I can hook it up to my air compressor.

So, has anyone ever used one of these? Any comments, reviews or concerns about using one? I'm looking at the 7300 model.

http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_fee.asp

this is what I posted on. The unit holds over one gallon..cheaper too.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=22691&hl=

Rf, you're a nut! Hahaa :cheers: You my kind of folk!

mburn, that looks just like the mityvac. Does that one come with those little dipstick hoses too? If so, I'll probably get that one and save a buck or two. My basis for buying one of these is because I'm sure I'll have dozens of uses for it over the years, and I've grown to hate paying mechanics to do the simple things. I figure for the same price, I could buy the tools and do it myself forever.

As anyone used one of these to get the trannsmission fluid out of their trannys? If so, did it get all the fluid and such? I'm thinking if it does indeed get all the fluids out via the dipstick tube attachement, then maybe some tranny seafoam put in there first, clean it out, then pull the fluids out with the mityvac type setup, refill with new tranny fluid. This might be an easier way to clean the solenoids and filter screens...assuming the seafoam would clean that stuff well enough. I just fear messing with the tranny pan, kind of spooks me.

Rf, you're a nut! Hahaa :cheers: You my kind of folk!

mburn, that looks just like the mityvac. Does that one come with those little dipstick hoses too? If so, I'll probably get that one and save a buck or two. My basis for buying one of these is because I'm sure I'll have dozens of uses for it over the years, and I've grown to hate paying mechanics to do the simple things. I figure for the same price, I could buy the tools and do it myself forever.

As anyone used one of these to get the trannsmission fluid out of their trannys? If so, did it get all the fluid and such? I'm thinking if it does indeed get all the fluids out via the dipstick tube attachement, then maybe some tranny seafoam put in there first, clean it out, then pull the fluids out with the mityvac type setup, refill with new tranny fluid. This might be an easier way to clean the solenoids and filter screens...assuming the seafoam would clean that stuff well enough. I just fear messing with the tranny pan, kind of spooks me.

No, no dipstick but I am sure you can do a DYI mod and make your own. So far it works great for brake fluid flush and bleed & PS fluid removal. I would also assume if would great for gas or diesel removal (if needed) or any fluid removal. It should also do great for DIFF or transfrer case fluid removal.

as someone noted, it is manual and that is what I wanted. I have a 130 PSI 6 HP air comp but I did not want to use it; more work then needed I feel.

Oh, I'm impressed!

That certainly is one of those tools that separate the men from the boys... ;)

Gives some extra "cred" - not that you need it.

I've used similar models and yes, once you have it, you really appreciate how it simplifies brake bleeding, fluid exchanges etc. If you get one to the right price - go ahead.

Here is an example of a lesser model, but the price is only about $35.

Lesson in swedish, anyone?

/Alexander

mburn, I hear ya' man about firing up the air compressor. I've got a craftsman with the same spec's as yours. It's pretty loud and can be a pain to drain out the air when done. I haven't made up my mind yet on what to get, but I'm definetely getting one of these gadgets soon! I figure even if I do get the $100 one, that's probably less than half what the dealership would charge me for just one service of the tranny and brake fluid flushes.

Swede, appreciate the nice comment amigo! :cheers:

Rf, you have a good point about the beer. hahaha :)

I purchased a hand held pump bleeder, haven't tried it yet but will give feedback when I do. Mine only cost 30 dollars. Came with a million different fittings and a vacuum guage also. YOu can test the vacuum system on your car also. Great tool if it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I pulled the trigger on the mityvac evacuator today! I got the air compressor driven one so I can pound on my chest in delight! Me man, here my tools roar!

Should have it in a week or so. Gonna see if it can really get all 8.8 liters of tranny fluid out of the car via the dipstick. If it can, then I'm going to put the fluid back in, minus a little for the seafoam tranny cleaner stuff.....follow directions for seafoam, then pull it all back out and pour in all new toyota fluid, for a full on flush w/o messing with the tranny pan! This thing looks cooooooool!!

I'll let you guys know how it goes!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after messing with it yesterday, I can say that using the mityvac for the transmission fluid doesn't work. I pulled out about 3/4th of a quart. Then drained the pain, which came out to exactly 1 and 1/4 quarts. For a grand total of 2 quarts...the same as draining the pan in general. I have no idea where the other 6 quarts lives in the tranny??? Or how to get to it?? But anyway, it sure was fun firing that thing up! I'll post pictures later "work security is blocking me today" :chairshot: