Right (passenger) Seatbelt Bangs

Is anyone else having issues with the right front (passenger) metal clip of the seatbelt hitting the hard plastic and making a noise every time the car goes over a slight bump? It drives me crazy. I can't figure out what is causing it to hit that panel? It looks the same on the RX 300 but that one doesn't rattle or hit like this. What can I do other than buckle it?

do you mean how the seat belt metal part hits the space between the doors? and then leaves those scratches! lol that sucks, everybody gets them. You just gotta make sure you make it straight along the panel and that the seat belth clip is pulled down till it cant go down anymore on the actual belt

I had that rattle too for a while before i found it was the seatbelt. I used to pull one end of the seatbelt material around the head rest, keeping it away from the area where it hits the cabin. Finally i got a small mitten and put it on the end of the metal clip.

lol a mitten? do u have to remove that mitten to put on the seat belt? lol. Anyways, maybe you should try that, for some reason, i dont hear that sound at all now that you mention it. So, kinda move it around the area. and if its coming from the back seats, you can playce the belt in these clips.

A mitten is a cute solution. But my husband and sons are not about to remember to put it back on! I'm going to try and slide it down, but it just doesn't make sense that they would design the car so poorly. The car is going in for "troubleshooting" and I plan to ask them, but this is ridiculous.