Steering Wheel Shake When Hitting The Brakes

1993 gs300, when I drive at any speed my steering wheel shakes when I hit the brakes....I just purchase new tires and the shop that put them on said I need a new ball joint on the passenger side, he also told me that in order to fix it I would need to purchase the whole control arm?????????

Its definately the rotors, 99% of the time when you have a vibration when braking its warped rotors.

if you think about it, it makes sense. The brake calipers squeeze the rotor when you're braking, if the rotors are warped it will cause a vibration. Since the calipers are only squeezing the rotors when you're braking, and the vibration only occurs when you're braking, it makes sense.

Hello everybody

Im new here, just got a '93 gs300 the other day with 131k miles and it rides great.

Ok now to the subject. Maybe u guys know this already but the lower ball joint on '93 gs is a recall reason, and that's the only one too : )

Its definately the rotors, 99% of the time when you have a vibration when braking its warped rotors.

if you think about it, it makes sense. The brake calipers squeeze the rotor when you're braking, if the rotors are warped it will cause a vibration. Since the calipers are only squeezing the rotors when you're braking, and the vibration only occurs when you're braking, it makes sense.

I have seen postings about replacing rotors for the looks but not for being warped. Regardless, how difficult of a procedure is it. I too have some vibration when braking and assume the prior owner let the tire monkeys use an impact wrench instead of hand torquing. (98 GS400) Thanks.