Vsc & Abs Blinking

LexKid630

I have been on vacation since last Friday (just got home today). Had to go to the store, so i took the rx300. Started just as it usually does, no problems at all. When i got home again, i realized that i had to go back out because i forgot something! When i started it again, the VSC and ABS lights started to blink very quickly. I turned the car off and restarted it 3 times; still blinking! I looked in the owners manual and searched here on LOC but no luck.

Anyone know what is wrong now?? It's a 2003 AWD rx300. It still rides fine and nothing else seems to be wrong with it.

Thanks for your help :(

Although I can not pin point your problem with out codes from you, I can steer you in the correct direction.

The two systems work in conjunction with the ABS Sensors. It is how it determines if it is sliding, and or skidding. So take a look around your wheel sensors to see if there is some debris (rust, scale, mud). If so, clean it out and see what happens...

I don't want to sound like an idiot but the lights aren't on anymore LOL. I just re-started it and they are no longer blinking! I checked under the wheel wells etc. and there doesn't seem to be any unusual amt. of dirt etc. I have no idea why they went on. Must be something to do with the sensors?

• 6 months later...

I also had the check engine light come on along with "VSC" and "Track off". It went off again by itself for two days and now it came on again. There seems to be no difference on the car's performance. Is there a way to read the codes without having a code reader?

Thanks for any help, Karl