Oem Front Lip Spoiler?

I was reading my 1993 service repair manual for SC300 and I flipped to the body section and a page showed a front lip spoiler. I quickly ran to my car to see if it had it but it didn't. I then went to Club Lexus's Galleried (sorry not enought pics here) and saw many cars with and without the lip spoiler. Blah, I can't upload pictures I photoshopped. Without the spoiler there is a trapezoidal gap on the bottom of the bumper. With the spoiler it looks like an air dam and can fit the SC300 because the repair manual says it bolts onto 5 holes on the bottom of the bumper. I checked my car and it has 5 holes. Anyways I was wondering if Lexus dealers have them. I'm gonna go check with Magnussen's Lexus in Fremont, CA to see what they have.

I guess if the spoiler is limited I'll have to make one myself with sheetmetal. Don't worry I'll make it look good.

i dont see why you couldnt you are only changing bumper which is basicly the same as the older ones but with a grill and different design up front and is as low to the ground as the black air dam thats on the older ones

• 1 month later...

That spoiler lip thing was buggin me to. I liked it and I wanted one. I was able to locate a lip for my SC300 at a salvage yard. The sales guy quoted me $150 for the part. I asked to see it with the worker called a "puller" who takes the parts off. It was from a front end damaged SC400. You can well imagine that the lip spoiler was pretzeled up along with it. Remember, we are talking about super heavy duty, high quality plastic. I looked carefully at the lip, there were no cracks, tears or punctures. Worth taking a chance that with a heat gun, summer sun, and bolting it to a perfect bumper this might be at least worth a try at the right price. Armed with this knowledge, I returned with the puller to the sales guy and discussed a new price for a damaged (vs perfect/excellent/good) part. We agreed on an "as-is" price of $50.

I was able to mount this to my SC and it looks factory. It was difficult for me to get it right, but I did. No one would know that this was a front end salvage part.

THE NITTY GRITTY: I found this is not a simple 5 bolts, you mount the lip deal. There are also left and right side specific aluminum brackets, set of two per each side that connect together through the THREE HOLES YOU WILL DRILL through each side of your existing bumper (actually there should have been four holes, but that last one *BLEEP*ed me off so much that I cut the bracket so that I needed only three). Again, you will drill a total of six holes in your bumper to mount the way it is done by the factory. No one ever sees this, but they are there.

The "puller guy" saved my @ss. I knew as I watched the lip come off the car that there were a bunch of brackets in use and they where beyond repair. I suggested and he agreed that we raid an other SC that had no front-end damage and pulled all the brackets, the bolts and the nuts that are so vital to getting this lip on your car to look factory. I'll revise vital to mandatory. Make sure that you get every bolt and nut; each one was crucial.

I am not sure that I could get this sort of deal again anywhere. But the original $100-150 would have been a good deal for this stuff. The salvage guys all have a amazingly thorough dealer pricing guide for all these parts and I know for sure that your dlr price at ~$900 was very close to what this book had. There was some grumbling around the counter between some other sales guys as to why I was getting this so cheap.

Good luck, happy hunting if you pursue this. Rarely is anything as easy at it seems.

Nice. Now you can feel all that downforce going on to your car.

I'm too lazy to make one. Instead I'm doing routine maintenance on the car. BTW, I changed the coolant on my sc300, but I can't find the engine drain plug. Does anyone know where it is? The manual has a crappy drawing of the location.