2 Questions On Jdm Hid And Drl Model No. Of Gx470

erix

posted these 2 qustions on another forum, but no one answer, dont know anyone here can give me some adv.

1, what the model No. of DRL(turning light) is indeed?4157 or 1168?did a research , and wanna change these light to LED. but someone stated that the DRL actually are 1168 instead of 4157 on 2004 model.

anyone changed them? what should I buy on earth? thanks

2.anyone used JDM HID h11 ? are they good?

planning to change HID also, 6000k,H11, but Philips or JDM? $200 difference between them.

JDM on ebay have 1 year Warranty ,philips only 0.5 yr.

so wanna know is this JDM reliable?

thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

I have never heard of jdm in my life.

Anyone who calls a company JDM is looking for consumers who want to say they have something not to actually have the true product.

JDM being "Japanese domestic market " which is just oem toyota ,honda and other asian home market parts that are not usually dot .

On the hid kits get a phillips set up and be sure exactly what you are going to get is going to last by having there true quality behind it.

thanks, so will buy philips one from xenondepot.com,

how about the DRL? anyone can confirm me the model No? or I have to take them out to see what it says on bulb>?

any sugestion what good substitute should I buy>?

I personally feel they are a rip off , charing way too much for the kits.

If you peice together the parts yourself you can get an OEM quality kit for $200-300 bulbs and ballasts which is going to last forever ,well except the bulbs which may need replacing 4-5years.

I have had about 6 HID kits of them all my phillips kit i bought 5 years ago for $600 still works perfectly and is a gen 3 phillips ballast with OEM d2r bulbs rebased to 9006.

Check out www.hidplanet.com

for more info and prices.

Well here is the info for you:

the front turn signal is 4157 and so should be the DRL. The only bulbs used in the car are 4157 7440/7443 and 198s (and of course the dome lights, etc.).

As far as HIDs are concerned I happen to wholehartedly agree that XD is overpriced, thoug he sells excellent ballasts (I am not sure about the bulbs since I believe ALL bulbs start out as Phillips D2s and are the rebased its the quality of rebasing that matters). I personally have a Chinese made ballast kit and it works fine. You can also try:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-6000K-H...23042QQtcZphoto

I have gotten bulbs from him (literally since he is in the area) and they are fine.... make an offer

or even:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xenon-HID-Conversion-K...0QQcmdZViewItem

you can't beat $165 and he has excellent feedback I shot him some emails he replies quickly...

Also as was said above you CAN piece a kit together using PHILIPS ballasts. Its NOT neccessary to have a relay type harness, if you actually look into Lexus wiring diagrams the Lights are turned on via a relay anyway, but regardless you can always make such a harness VERY cheaply (around $5 relays cost .99 on ebay you just need a 40 or 30 amp SPST or SPDT - just dont use the extra contact, relay)... or buy the harness from XD..... there are even connectors now that will convert a D2S connector on a ballast to an AMP connector for the bulbs that the above guys sell (I personally just do my own connector conversions).

THanks

thanks for the great info !

the reason why I was asking the DRL model. is becoz of this topic

so just wanna make sure they are really 4157 before place order.

as for HID, how long have your bulbs been lasting till now?

and the harness and relays, OMG, I just changed a car battery by myself, so basically, I know nothing about anything on cars. after reading so many threads, I think I'd better buy from XD even though they charge $200 more, but if I am not wrong, I remmeber there's a topic on this , the conclussion is , no need to buy extra harness and relays if you buy Philips HID. I think I will go with XD.

Well you asked for advice yet you have already made up your mind and don't really want to listen. Regardless, XD HAS a HARNESS and HAS an extra relay so reread the posts, some people like Capirato bought from other sources and did not use the long harness with relay and battery hookup making it a true plug-play kit literally (couple of connections). I mean do as you wish, I have had no problems with any other kit either, if you want to spend the extra money be my guest. Again, just so you know, EVERYONE uses the same D2S Philips bulbs they are simply rebased. MANY other outlets sell Philips Ballast with their kits, and many people have installed OTHER ballasts on their Lexus. Again XD does have A relay and you DO have to run a separate wire to the battery from the relay and then ground 2 wires (one for each ballast) to the car as well as run a harness to your factory harness. (as opposed to connecting 1 plug on each side to the factory harness and then another plug on each side to the bulb, on other kits).

Peace

and the harness and relays, OMG, I just changed a car battery by myself, so basically, I know nothing about anything on cars. after reading so many threads, I think I'd better buy from XD even though they charge $200 more, but if I am not wrong, I remmeber there's a topic on this , the conclussion is , no need to buy extra harness and relays if you buy Philips HID. I think I will go with XD.

seeems I didnt do enough research before asking,

I never known what RELAY and HARNESS mean to a HID just several days ago, and now I still dont know what they look like!~

the reason why I wanted to go easy way with Philips is no need to bother on harness and relays, but now, you gave me a whole new view.

now I have to look for a dummy manual on installation of relay and harness with your ebay ones. does this kind of instruction exist?

thanks again for saving my money and time! I should come to this forum first :ph34r:

I found this kit, $300 with everything, and it is a Bosch, good one too? ok, back to do homework, read read read...

http://www.superhids.com/7009.html

Well you asked for advice yet you have already made up your mind and don't really want to listen. Regardless, XD HAS a HARNESS and HAS an extra relay so reread the posts, some people like Capirato bought from other sources and did not use the long harness with relay and battery hookup making it a true plug-play kit literally (couple of connections). I mean do as you wish, I have had no problems with any other kit either, if you want to spend the extra money be my guest. Again, just so you know, EVERYONE uses the same D2S Philips bulbs they are simply rebased. MANY other outlets sell Philips Ballast with their kits, and many people have installed OTHER ballasts on their Lexus. Again XD does have A relay and you DO have to run a separate wire to the battery from the relay and then ground 2 wires (one for each ballast) to the car as well as run a harness to your factory harness. (as opposed to connecting 1 plug on each side to the factory harness and then another plug on each side to the bulb, on other kits).

Peace

You need to run the harness which includes the relay. It basically clips into 1 original socket so it uses 1 wire as a remote turn on for the fog lights.

It has 2 more wires going to the battery terminals +/- . That is it .

It will have a fuse and relay built in to feed both ballasts with modified 9006 plugs.

Harnesses run about $20-30 with relay and fuse.

BTW all bulbs are not created equal and any bulb that has wires connected to it is not an original phillips/osram patent paid bulb.

It is has wires from the ballasts to bulbs dot not buy it.

All oem setups have a large round connector which twists onto the back of the bulbs directly anything else is substandard

Remember the site i gave you earlier in the thread.

Go there is has all the answer you will ever want to know to answer your questions.

Check out www.hidplanet.com

Hi Erix,

Just to put in my $.02, I purchased the XD kit based on the FEEDBACK and reviews on this board and on the other boards and although the XD was a little more expensive, the PEACE of mind that was offered from Steve at XENONDEPOT and the DIY instructions (EXCELLENT) swayed my decision. I'm sure the JDM and other kits might work out just as well, but as there is no track record on the forums regarding this company, we can't tell for sure.

Bottom line is you are absolutely correct, READ/READ/READ and then READ or RESEARCH more on this topic but ultimately you'll have to make a decision on the kit.

Congratulations on your GX, you'll be ABSOLUTELY amazed how much NICER the GX looks with the HID kit, I purchased the 6000K kit with a slight bluish tint, but in hindsight, I'm thinking MAYBe I should have purchased the 4300K very VERY bright white... Oh well, when the bulb dies, I'll have a good excuse to change them out to the 4300K...

-Alex

PS. I have NO affliliation with XenonDepot at all, before anyone starts to question my integrity... :)