Hood Rattles When I Shut The Doors

jrowe

Hello everyone. New the the forum. Already read lots of posts. Glad I found you guys.

I have a 96 ES300 with 177k.

Everytime I shut one of the doors my hood rattles. When the hood it shut all of the way it looks like it's aligned well with the rest of the body. But, if I grab the grill I can still shake the hood up and down a little. So there's some play and obviously that is why it's rattling.

Is there a way to eliminate the play and the rattle?

thanks.

Hello everyone. New the the forum. Already read lots of posts. Glad I found you guys.

Everytime I shut one of the doors my hood rattles. When the hood it shut all of the way it looks like it's aligned well with the rest of the body. But, if I grab the grill I can still shake the hood up and down a little. So there's some play and obviously that is why it's rattling.

thanks.

my hood does the lame thing per say. There is slack or tolerance in the hitch. Try adjusting it if you can.

If it rattles is it metal to metal. I would lube up the latch with spray grease and maybe check to see if you have rubber bumbers on the hood area.

Oh, Welcome to LOC!

thanks.

my hood does the lame thing per say. There is slack or tolerance in the hitch. Try adjusting it if you can.

If it rattles is it metal to metal. I would lube up the latch with spray grease and maybe check to see if you have rubber bumbers on the hood area.

Oh, Welcome to LOC!

I think mburnicas is on to something. Check if the rubber bumpers on either side of the underhood area are 1) still there and 2) if they are mounted on a stud that is adjustable. If so' adjust them up so they better support the hood (force from underneath the hood "up") while still keeping the alignment with the rest of the body. Between adjusting those & the stationary hitch hopefully it'll tighten things up!

Hope that helps & welcome!!!