Won 2002 Lexus Wheels On Ebay

Arkansawyer

Well I won a set of 2002 LS430 wheels on ebay and they do not include lug nuts. Wish I knew how to post an image of the wheels. Here is another ebay listing showing the same style wheel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-2001-LEX...1QQcmdZViewItem

Can someone post an image or tell me which lug nuts are correct for this wheel.

Thanks.

yeah dealer or you can snag some for a few bucks at a tire shop which is what i did, uh if i can look up exactly what i got, it's some kind of shank nut, you'd prolly be safest if you go dealer though but like i said tire shop is alot cheaper if you can figure out exactly what you need, maybe ask them they might even know at the tire shop but my shop was a little skepitcal about putting anything not oem on mine

i was also looking at some rims on ebay tell me how smoothly your transaction goes and if you can what seller it's from, thanks

yeah dealer or you can snag some for a few bucks at a tire shop which is what i did, uh if i can look up exactly what i got, it's some kind of shank nut, you'd prolly be safest if you go dealer though but like i said tire shop is alot cheaper if you can figure out exactly what you need, maybe ask them they might even know at the tire shop but my shop was a little skepitcal about putting anything not oem on mine

i was also looking at some rims on ebay tell me how smoothly your transaction goes and if you can what seller it's from, thanks

Arkansawyer:

Sapper & SK have both given you good advice. If the stealer doesn't totally screw you on the price of the nuts, I'd be inclined to purchase OEM (or try calling Park Place parts dept). Take a look at the following link;

http://planetsoarer.com/offset/studs.htm

Pay particular attention to the bottom part of the page that shows a typical "Cone type nut" (which you DO NOT want to use) & the Toyota "Square shoulder" type (which is what you want). These guys "aren't from around here" & "talk funny", but they appear to do a very good job with their information & it's accuracy. Make sure that when you mount your wheels, you have the "Hub centric rings/Spigot rings" installed. The good news is that the rings are very inexpensive. Most of the article is about the bad things that will happen if you don't have your wheels installed properly.

SK, my current wheels are stock for my '93. The lugs don't look that great and the new wheels don't have a center cap that covers the lugs.

I've never been to the dealer for various reasons but mainly because the nearest one is an hour and a half away.

I've looked on ebay for lug nuts and know that it is a shank style but I am seeing two different lengths. I may call Sewell Lexus (they're pretty close) and try to describe the wheel to the parts guy and see if he can help me.

sapper_daddy I bought these from "reddeals", its looks like that all he sells is wheels. They appear to be brand new take offs and I stole them for $200 and $100 shipping. He is located in Mansfield, Texas and looks to have shops in Houston and San Antonio. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Threadcutter, I think the hub rings are only necessary if using aftermarket wheels, but I will definitely look closely when I put on the new wheels. Thanks for the heads up.

I just replaced the lug nuts on my '93 as well. I picked some up from Manny, Moe, & Jack for $30 for 5 sets of 4 nuts (they didn't come in sets of 5 which you'll need). I opted for the non-locking type, but you can find aftermarket ones w/ locks.

I think that you'll want 12mm x 1.5. You want the ones that have the washer on them and NOT the tapered style. Make sure you don't get the long shaft though or they won't secure the wheels properly. I made that mistake and had to return them.

SK, my current wheels are stock for my '93. The lugs don't look that great and the new wheels don't have a center cap that covers the lugs.

I've never been to the dealer for various reasons but mainly because the nearest one is an hour and a half away.

I've looked on ebay for lug nuts and know that it is a shank style but I am seeing two different lengths. I may call Sewell Lexus (they're pretty close) and try to describe the wheel to the parts guy and see if he can help me.

sapper_daddy I bought these from "reddeals", its looks like that all he sells is wheels. They appear to be brand new take offs and I stole them for $200 and $100 shipping. He is located in Mansfield, Texas and looks to have shops in Houston and San Antonio. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Threadcutter, I think the hub rings are only necessary if using aftermarket wheels, but I will definitely look closely when I put on the new wheels. Thanks for the heads up.

Ark:

That could very well be the case. I'm a "belts & suspenders" kind of guy. If there is another useful piece of troubleshooting information in that webpage & it helps you, so much the better.

Best of luck.

The 2 lenghts are just that ,no other differences and they both work fine for any car and rim combo (toyota,lexus).

1 is about an inch long and the other is 2 inches long but both seat the wheel the same way just makes it easier to attach a socket or tire wrench .

The 2 lenghts are just that ,no other differences and they both work fine for any car and rim combo (toyota,lexus).

1 is about an inch long and the other is 2 inches long but both seat the wheel the same way just makes it easier to attach a socket or tire wrench .

SK - From my experience I would say that he'll need the correct length shank.

I tried the longer shank on my new wheels. What ended up happening is that the longer shank made contact w/ the hub and was tight to the hub, but it did not bring the wheel completely tight against the hub. There was a gap between the washer on the nut and the wheel (about 3 washer thicknesses). Had I installed all of the nuts on a wheel, the wheel would have been loose with some play in it.

Ordered the short shank from toyotapartsonline. Called him and he said that he would throw in 5 long ones just to see which ones work.

He said that he thought it depended more on the wheel than the car, but wasn't sure. I'll let you guys know this weekend.

Also going to have 4 '93 16" LS400 wheels for sale soon.

Well got one of the wheels in today. Need 3 more lets just hope they got seperated in shipping. Also received my lug nuts that I ordered.

SK was right that they are basically the same nut one just has a taller "head". And both will work on these wheels. However the long shank are the only ones that will look right. The short ones are sunk way into the wheel and do not look the part.

So for anyone that swaps later model wheels onto the 1st Gen LS the long shank lug nuts are the way to go.

Well got one of the wheels in today. Need 3 more lets just hope they got seperated in shipping. Also received my lug nuts that I ordered.

SK was right that they are basically the same nut one just has a taller "head". And both will work on these wheels. However the long shank are the only ones that will look right. The short ones are sunk way into the wheel and do not look the part.

So for anyone that swaps later model wheels onto the 1st Gen LS the long shank lug nuts are the way to go.

Arkansawyer;

Well, I got one of the wheels in today. Need 3 more lets just hope they got seperated in shipping.

They must have shipped to you via the "Brown" truck....................

Actually it was FedEx ground. Who, IMO, are absolutely worthless!

Do a google on FedEx ground and read some of the horror stories.

Arkansawyer:

Hmmm...................In my neck of the woods, it's exactly opposite.

Don't worry, the "packages" are large enough that it's gonna' be pretty hard to "lose" them.

• 2 weeks later...