Motor Mounts Changed

Arkansawyer

Laying on my back for a couple hours and looking at the old motor mounts I thought there wouldn't be much of a difference in the car. Man was I wrong! Wife drove it around this afternoon and told me she was having a hard time deciding if the car was started or not. Said she had to look at the gauges just to make sure. Ultra smooth now.

Just when I thought I couldn't love this care more it just keeps getting better. Ordered some new sway bar bushings today and am replacing worn suspension parts a little at a time.

sha4000, if you've got the tools I would say it is not that difficult just very time consuming. The closest Lexus dealer to me is an hour and a half away, so unless it is major I handle it myself. I basically used the steps outlined in a post from this site. I deviated from it a bit and was able to get both sides done from the front of the car. The post recommends going at the driver's side from behind the steering rack. I didn't want to disconnect the wire looms and such and was able to fanagle my wrench around and get it loose. The time consuming part is the driver's side, loosening the nut a 1/4 or half turn at a time repositioning the wrench, repeat.

Looks like yours is a '98 so it may be completely different.

Got my new cupholder I won on ebay, so the Lexus resto continues tomorrow.