I Got It To Work!

:P

Thank you. I have finally been able to bypass the Navigational Override. I had tried both methods below and just could not get it to work on my 2004 RX330. After reading this post again http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=11148&hl= , and seeing that it seems to work on other 04's, I figured it must be something that I am doing wrong. On the newer systems 05 and up, you can hit the corners quick, when I did the same thing on mine I got nothing. I tried doing the method by going into the DVD VER screen below and touched corners slowly :blushing: and guess what it actually took me into the OVERRIDE Screen. THANK GOD. This is great. It is not that I want to enter directions while I am driving, but I just hate the fact that it was something that I could not DO...Now that I can override the system I will probabbly never do it agian. But if I want to then I CAN...Not sure if you understand?? ;)

Anyway I just want to thank everyone for all of the help! I'm sure everyone else has already learned the bypass but if you have not look at the info below it is from a post by LexTacoma, check it out!!!

LexTacoma Dec 20 2005, 11:37 AM Post #12

New Club Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 21,650

Car Model:2005 Hyundai Accent

There are two different methods to over-ride the driving safety feature dependant upon which version of the navigation you have. I currently can't remember which is which, but try both methods and one should work, if not, go into your dvd menu and tell me which nav version you have and ill see if i can figure it out.

Method 1:

Get into your sound menu

press top left

press bottom left

press top left

press bottom left

Method 2:

Navigate to your dvd information screen (where you can see which version you have)

Press top left

press bottom left

press top left

press bottom left

press bottom right

this should bring you into the service menu, press and hold the override button for a few seconds and let go, it should change in color confirming the nav override. Hit back to return to main menu. This is not a permanent override and must be done everytime you start the car. Keep in mind this will not enable phone dialing while in motion, only the navigation system.

• 1 month later...

Awesome! I am happy to hear that you got it working. "Offically" I am not really suppose to tell customers that stuff, but i figure it is a feature that a lot of people want fixed, so i owe it to the customer to tell them how to get past that small, but annoying problem.

As far as the other buttons and their functions...I have no clue what so ever. I am a little scared to test them out since the cars i would be using would not be mine, and i dont want to be responsible for one of our used vehicles to go haywire.

I was actually just trying to find the other buttons in the giant lexus repair manual, and i will post them once i figure them out. My guess is that most of the buttons are for diagnostic purposes or other things along those lines.

• 6 months later...

Awesome! I am happy to hear that you got it working. "Offically" I am not really suppose to tell customers that stuff, but i figure it is a feature that a lot of people want fixed, so i owe it to the customer to tell them how to get past that small, but annoying problem.

As far as the other buttons and their functions...I have no clue what so ever. I am a little scared to test them out since the cars i would be using would not be mine, and i dont want to be responsible for one of our used vehicles to go haywire.

I was actually just trying to find the other buttons in the giant lexus repair manual, and i will post them once i figure them out. My guess is that most of the buttons are for diagnostic purposes or other things along those lines.

Lex, Any chance you could look at how to override the Denso 6.1?

Thanks!

Mike