From Regular Cruse To Navigation Sys!

RX300-2000

I found a used navigation for sell, and I’m planning to install it in my car so it looks from regular cruse like this:

10166087-46sm.jpg

To Navigation system like this:

7c_4.JPG

I need your recommendation whether to install it or not, and what is the best place for the installation process.

Thanks..

I have also never heard of a "cruse" but i know what you are asking...

It "is" possible to take out your current info. screen "unit" and replace it with a whole other navigation unit, but to make it work it will cost you a lot of $$$.

I started a post like this last spring/summer and the conclusion was that it wasn't a good idea to install the nav in a non-nav rx300.

not sure about the cost, but i do know Lexus can install it for you for more $$$.

I have also never heard of a "cruse" but i know what you are asking...

It "is" possible to take out your current info. screen "unit" and replace it with a whole other navigation unit, but to make it work it will cost you a lot of $$$.

I started a post like this last spring/summer and the conclusion was that it wasn't a good idea to install the nav in a non-nav rx300.

not sure about the cost, but i do know Lexus can install it for you for more $$$.

I'll check with Lexus. Thanks..

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah... I would like to believe that it is very possible to upgrade your info screen. I own an Audi A6, and we actually have a forum going, where people have braved the uncharted regions of a cars CAN system and have managed to change everything from nav install(on pre-nav models even), to telephone install(cell phone, not just analog) to changing the settings of the central locking. After all, if someone in the Lexus shop can do it(without necessarily being a designer of the system), why can't you?