Interior Noise Help Please

Jeff

I'm getting a vibration noise from my overhead console where the lights and power moonroof controls are. Does anyone know how to pull this down without damaging anything ?? I have a 2000 LS and the noise seems to be coming from behind or in this unit. Any help please (not worth a dealer visit). thx

Roll back the sunroof, look for the two rubber seating squares that are underneath the air dam in the front. Put a couple pieces of cloth tape over those two rubber squares. Close the roof and go for a drive. Let me know what that does...

Mine did this too and I put a piece of cloth tape on those two rubber seats.....no more rattle since then. That was in May of 2004.

Edited by nc211

I'm getting a vibration noise from my overhead console where the lights and power moonroof controls are. Does anyone know how to pull this down without damaging anything ?? I have a 2000 LS and the noise seems to be coming from behind or in this unit. Any help please (not worth a dealer visit). thx

Carefully pop the plastic light lens off and you will see the screws that hold the light/switch to the roof of your car.