Rear Light Failure Indicator

ski5er

My 99 RX 300 dashboard "rear light out" indicator has been on and I can't identify the problem. All of my rear lights are working. However my left front side marker is out. I have replaced the bulb and it still doesn't work. but this would seem to be a separate problem from the indicator problem. or is it?

My 99 RX 300 dashboard "rear light out" indicator has been on and I can't identify the problem. All of my rear lights are working. However my left front side marker is out. I have replaced the bulb and it still doesn't work. but this would seem to be a separate problem from the indicator problem. or is it?

Could be an indication that continuity is not fully there - rear bulb could be still lighting, but close to failing. Could also be a dirty socket(s) which is causing continuity to fluctuate and creating dash indicator to come on. Was an issue I encountered.

Front side marker bulbs failing did not cause the dash indicator to light for me. Common problem for these to fail because design allows water to pool in the marker and this rots the socket and connections. See other threads for how to replace the sockets. I used this as an opportunity to put clear markers in front with the new sockets.

Just an idea.