92 Ls 400 Odometer Problem

tanksls

Okay my car came a longe way. new seats (used) just 2 sounds instead of 10. This fourm has been great on helping me now I have a SOS out there. The old style odometer just stoped for some reason. For a while my radio and climate control lights been out. So if you have some usefull info shoot it my way.

Okay my car came a longe way. new seats (used) just 2 sounds instead of 10. This fourm has been great on helping me now I have a SOS out there. The old style odometer just stoped for some reason. For a while my radio and climate control lights been out. So if you have some usefull info shoot it my way.

25 views nothing :(

it sounds like a electrical issues? does everything happen at once (odometer, climate control and radio?) do you think that going a certain speed triggers it have you tried to minimize the amount of things you have on at once? also have you checked the fuses? truth be told i dont have a working odometer either. i thought it was related to the speedometer (which ws useful info from a Toyota dealer) but it turned out not to be the case. all i have is the trip meter but it's cool with me. and just be patient i have gotten useful info from people here that i never seen post again! some people know what going on some don't. dont sweat it :cheers:

i too have this problem, except my odo never clicked just stopped. Someone here says that those gears just kinda die, but now i wonder if it is indeed my cable. I hate keeping track of mileage with a one of the trip meters. Does anyone know where one could actually find a new or used odo? online? without searching the junkyards? is that sorta illegal or just kinda shady at best?

good info! so did you drive your car from 0 to 183k?

Yes, I bought my 1st LS400 in early 1990 and drove it 13 1/2 years. I think the new owner (a co-worker) has about 220,000 miles on it. He told me yesterday that it is still running great. I sold it only because of my vision issues -- I needed HID lights badly.

Hi THanks for the suggestion ,however, What does that mean "direct parts" that would seem to be a toyota/lexus only part. Do you mean someone else makes that part or get it from the guy lexus gets it from? how do i do that? Thanks again for the help, that odo problem is one id really like fix.

Hi THanks for the suggestion ,however, What does that mean "direct parts" that would seem to be a toyota/lexus only part. Do you mean someone else makes that part or get it from the guy lexus gets it from? how do i do that? Thanks again for the help, that odo problem is one id really like fix.

quick example: my local(columbus, ohio) lexus dealer has to special order almost everything not required for basic maintenence. the reason is that they order form direct parts dealers to minimize inventory and charge you for the delivery and a little extra for fun! when i needed a speedometer sensor my local dealerwanted to charge me about $279 and "special order tax" which meant the the purchase was non-refundable! bull :censored: ; lexus-parts.com charged $230 +8 shipping and is fully refundable! main reason is that some dealers stock lots of parts (Sewell may be the largest dealer in america), some charge extra for access to these parts. DIRECT means LOTS OF PARTS, therefore LOW PRICES! Special order means "hey you uneducated, unsuspecting customer, :pirate: $$$"