Cigarette Lighter Compartment

Elsupremo

First check the fuses to make sure that it is not a blown one. Also, is the accessory outlet in the center console box not working too? I think the lighter and the console box outlet are on the same circuit.

And also check that the accessory works in another vehicle. I've seen a person think he had a car problem when it was a particular accessory cord that was bad.

If all else fails here are instructions on how to move the wood console trim that includes the ashtray: http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusLS400str1.htm

Although the instructions are for a 95-97, it is the same for a 00 LS.

I have removed the wood console panel (and radio and center vents) on my 2000 LS several times for phone related work. I find that using a wide well taped putty knife works better than a taped screw driver to spread the force so one doesn't crack the wood console panel. The wood console panel is fairly fagile compared to the earlier LS.

It will be obvious how the cig lighter, and seat heater, VSC and headlight cleaner cables plug in once you lift up the wood panel.

Good luck!