Xm Radio

I just wanted to see if anyone had gotten XM radio on thier IS 350? I know it can be dealer installed, but I dont like the trunk mount. I would like to stick with the fin on the roof that is painted and factory installed. Anyone have any knowledge of this or have it installed already?

I just wanted to see if anyone had gotten XM radio on thier IS 350? I know it can be dealer installed, but I dont like the trunk mount. I would like to stick with the fin on the roof that is painted and factory installed. Anyone have any knowledge of this or have it installed already?

Best info I have is that it won't be available till summer.

I just ordered mine last weekend with Sirius and I had an option of either XM or Sirius and I will have to car the last few weeks or April at the latest

Now I know its a option, but is this the fin that is on the roof of is this the trunk mount option that you can get at any car dealer. Also, how much extra did this run you to get the xm radio? or sirrius for that matter. I have heard xm radio, but I dont know why I would choose to go xm or sirius, any suggestions to one or the other?

Price wise for service Sirius and XM are pretty much the same. The only reason you would pick one of the other is the programming. If you like Howard Stern and the NFL, go with Sirius. If you like NASCAR and major league baseball, go with XM. I went with XM from a couple of years ago just for the fact that at the time, XM was cheaper and I was getting free equipment from work. Sirius didn't offer anything like this to retail employees.

I heard that the satellite radio equipment from the dealer could cost up to $400-500. That seems a little steep, but I heard this from a pretty unreliable source.

Very good, I appreciate all the feedback. The only other thing that I have read is will the car with navi be able to play xm and also have functionality with the ipod. I know it may sound weird, but I had read something about them not working to well together. Anyone know anything about that?

I just ordered mine last weekend with Sirius and I had an option of either XM or Sirius and I will have to car the last few weeks or April at the latest

On your order for sirrus, is this the trunk mount or roof mount for the antenna?

On your order for sirrus, is this the trunk mount or roof mount for the antenna?

I was reading through the owners manual the other day and it says that the satellite radio antenna gets mounted inside the rear window.

As far as the satellite radio not working well with an Ipod, I don't see why it wouldn't work. They both have different inputs on the radio.

I just picked up my 350 on Tuesday. XM or Sirius isn't available through my dealer at this time, I did however get an estimated price for parts and labor....I hope you all are sitting down.

I was quoted $1100-$1200 :o

it's not worth it for me, they also said it would be installed in the rear window.

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer called me last night - XM available for IS250/350 3rd week of February, Sirius available in April. No mention of where the antenna is (I know at least its not the ugly trunk mount).

I got sirius for christmas and hubby did the install. If the end up charging a lot from the factory you can always buy it yourself and install it later. It's not hard to install. Here are some pics.

antena

2005_1230LaurasLexus0031.jpg

2005_1230LaurasLexus0030.jpg

2005_1230LaurasLexus0029.jpg

Recently, I spoke with a rep from Soundgate in Wyoming. Website:http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?request=category.index&categoryid=225& They manufacture the LEXXM and LEXPDXM units which sell for $300 and $360, respectively. Local hifi store, Tweeter, will supply and install such units including XM in dash receiver for about $450. This enables operation through dash and has no visible components. I'm told alteration of the dash by other than Lexus techs will void the warranty. Any inputs appreciated