Tune In 12:25 Pm 01/08/06 For The 07 Ls460 Reveal!

As I look at the 460 and 460L specs, it's clear there's only going to be a 5 inch difference in length. Since the "L" model should be asking more bucks, I ask myself is it really a noticeable difference & worth the extra expense? As far as equip pkg goes, the only worthwhile option the "L" model lists as standard is the NAV system. All the other options are the unrealistic rear seat stuff.

John

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys!! :)

No doubt about it - the all-new for 2007 Lexus LS460 is a beautiful car.

But I can't help but wonder...

WHY so much concern over how comfortable REAR SEAT PASSENGERS are?! I can't remember the last time anyone sat in the rear seat of any car I've owned. And I haven't been in the back seat [other than to clean the windows] since I don't know when. Probably more than 20 years.

I'm curious. Other than those of you who may be related to Miss Daisy - when was the last time YOU where in the back seat of any car?! [while it was moving]

Craig!! :)

Thats why its an option ;)

I'm aware of that. But it's not really an ANSWER to MY question - is it?! ;)

Well craig, can i take a stab at this?

Its very likely that the average buyer of this car will be someone like SW03ES, a realtor for example. He needs his passenegers to be as comfortable as possible to make the buying process easier. believe me, my parents realtor drove a honda accord. nothing like carting 5 people around in an accord to look at houses :blink: . thats just one example. that was the one beef my parents had with their realtor, was that they had to rack up miles on my moms car and my dads truck to go look at houses, or be crammed repeatedly into a 4 door honda accord. and we racked UP the miles, cause we looked at 300 houses in 2 weeks :blink:

stock brokers and such may need it to. just look at the thing, its fully wired, you could have a business metting, on the way to your business meeting... :blink:

Edited by ArmyofOne

As a realtor I would never buy that rear seat package for three reasons:

1. It only allows two people to sit, which isn't enough.

2. Its too austentacious. You want to appear successful, but you don't want to appear lavishly affluent. People respond to success, they're repelled by lavish affluence.

3. It draws too much attention away from what people should be doing when they're in my car, concentrating on buying houses.

I would buy the LWB car, just not that rear seat package.

The package is definately designed for someone to be driven as an executive sedan, what you have to understand is that a lot of these options are there just so people have options.

As for the LWB, 5 inches is all the difference between the 750Li and the 750i. But the Li outsells the i 2 to 1.

The LWB gives you more room (those 5 inches are ALL rear seat legrooom) and a smoother ride (longer wheelbase).

Word is the LWB Hybrid version will feature the all wheel drive and could threaten the 90k mark. Lexus has always felt the need to build a more expensive car if for anything to raise the brand prestige. this will pave the way for the "Super Coupe" which will be $100+. When the LX gets redesigned at the end of 07 that should see a bit of a price increase