1994 Sc 400 Taillight Problem

We have a 1994 SC400 that we purchased a week or so ago. When we got it, the back tail lights were holding water and none of the tail-lights on either side would work. We changed all the bulbs. Well, everything worked except the tail lights.

the brake lights, front headlights, left right indicator lights all work..

the mechanic checked all the fuses. replaced the bulbs. the taillight bulbs are not getting enuf power, hence they are not coming on.

the mechanic suggests changing the switch. (as in the mechanism conected to the steering wheel that I control all my lights with).

im looking at probably 300$ (150$ for switch and 150$ for labor) i think.

im still a student and that is a hefty price for me..

anyone gone thru a similar probem? any suggestions?

where is the best place to buy the switch? from a lexus deaker?

u can email me at jimmykatyal@hotmail.com, manav_katyal@rediffmail.com, or call at 678-793-2969.

much appreciated..

• 1 year later...

Oh, well...I had a similar problem, with my passenger side tail light being filled with water and my lights wouldn't work (the light on my dash was lit too) the harness where the light bulbs are were all rusted. So I bought new light bulbs and it still wouldn't work because it was the harness that had rust inside and was probably just broken. I solved this by just buying a brand new passenger tail light and now everything works fine.